Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatguyjames

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
I was thinking of buying a mac soon. But I'm really troubled. Should I buy a Mac now and Buy ilife 07 and Mac OS X Leopard later, or should I wait until it is included with the mac? :confused:

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
112169.jpg

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
if u can wait , wait for a couple of months,(i am waiting until mid june) by then you should be able to get leopard iLife 07 and most likely the new macbook upgrade (santa rosa) if you cannot wait and need it now then buy now..

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
That is probably a good choice right now, as long as you don't mind using your current computer for a little bit longer.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
I would wait, seriously! Leopard coming out soon, ilife 07, and Macbooks are due for an update.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
It's been almost 6 months I believe since the last MacBook update, so I would wait. As well, wait for iLife 07 and Leopard to be included - that will save you some money. Of course, if you need it right away, buy it, but if you can afford to wait for a couple more months I would recommend it.

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
It's been almost 6 months I believe since the last MacBook update, so I would wait. As well, wait for iLife 07 and Leopard to be included - that will save you some money. Of course, if you need it right away, buy it, but if you can afford to wait for a couple more months I would recommend it.

IMO ........WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT oh and hmmm WAIT....

djpl

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2007
Man it's so funny... right now there are literaly 3 threads with the same question in the list on the macrumors homepage.

"Should I buy MacBook now?"

"Wrong to buy MacBook now?"

"Sense to buy MacBook now?"

Does no one ever search before posting and aren't you guys sick of answering this over and over again? Hah hah...

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
Man it's so funny... right now there are literaly 3 threads with the same question in the list on the macrumors homepage.

Does no one ever search before posting and aren't you guys sick of answering this over and over again? Hah hah...

lol very true,,, know whats funny? i am in all three of them saying the exact same thing over and over again...guess it bothers some people,, to me it just makes me feel like at least im not the only one sitting here,,,,satring at the screen ,, waiting for SR to come out....

macfriend1

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2007
Stockholm

heyheyhey, calm down!

"Sense to buy MacBook now?" is mine! I was the first asking this question... :cool: :D :p :) :apple:

djkny

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2003
No guarantee that MB's and MBP's will be updated in June. Leopard and iLife will arrive in late-April; June's probably reserved for iPhone stuff.

As not to detract from that hype, Apple won't release significant updates until Sept. in Paris, just in time for 'back to school.' That's a long wait, if you ask me.

Naimfan

Suspended
Jan 15, 2003
Well, if you need it now, buy it now. If you don't, and you don't mind waiting, they are likely to be updated.....someday.

Bob

mackinoe

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2007
Personally I've decided to get my macbook now, But if you can wait then that is your best bet. Personally i'm not a big fan of waiting around for what might be, I never like waiting for release dates because they are so unpredictible. Sure there are rumours suggesting end of march/April but nothing is set in stone and its easy for march april to suddenly become May/June.

drake

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2005
On second thought, toss a coin, then buy it later when the new stuff comes out.

Helianthus

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2007
A few weeks back, before I got my macbook, I pondered waiting as well. I ended up deciding against it because it seems the general consencus is that the earliest update would maybe be sometime in June which is quite a long time from now.

I personally needed mine for May, so I opted to buy it immediately just to ensure that I would be able to learn the OS and acquire any programs that I may need for school and leisure. If you want it/need it now then I strongly suggest you get it now. I went with a refurb model and saved myself 200 bucks. Macs seem to hold their value pretty well, so when the new Santa Rosa platform comes out, I may sell my current macbook on ebay and just purchase a new one if the differences are so revolutionary.

A lot of people on the board make it sound like the current model is going to be a piece of junk in 3 months when the new macbooks MAY be released, which is just ridiculous. A 2.0ghz C2D Macbook is still going to be a solid computer when the new platform comes out. If you buy now, you get to enjoy your new laptop for the next 3+ months, bug free, while everyone else waits for the latest and greatest.

Nitromaster

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2007
Ireland.
I say buy later,
either you have the choice of a 4 month old laptop now or a brand new one later?

Plus of course prices will go down, leopard and ilife included .

im waiting until the revision,
If you really need a macbook buy a cheap 2nd hand or refurb core duo and sell it on .

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
A lot of people on the board make it sound like the current model is going to be a piece of junk in 3 months when the new macbooks MAY be released, which is just ridiculous. A 2.0ghz C2D Macbook is still going to be a solid computer when the new platform comes out. If you buy now, you get to enjoy your new laptop for the next 3+ months, bug free, while everyone else waits for the latest and greatest.

Very true.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.