Should I buy iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Liner, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Liner, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011

Liner macrumors newbie

Hello!

Im new to these forums and want to ask something what might sound like crazy for someone. Anyway, I always have been huge fan of Apple but havent get any chance to buy Macs or iPods or any Apple products. Someone can ask ''How you can be fan of Apple when you dont even have any Apple products''. Well, I don`t have enough money to buy any Macs and what comes to iPods, I actually just realized that Apple makes them:rolleyes:. All what I have is laptop with Linux Ubuntu and Im using Mac theme on it. But now, I think is time to explore some real Apple world.
    As I said earlier, I dont have really much money. But I still have enough money for example iPod Touch. Now I`m asking that should I buy iPod Touch, to get touch with Macs world? I mean that will iPod Touch reduce my passion for Mac? I know that iPod is not nearly a full fledged computer, but I believe that iPod's cool interface and all cool stuff in it will help someway. Someones even says that iPhone/iPod Touches are pocket versions of Macs.

Or do I just keep walking and watch peoples Macs with nice shiny :apple: logo and get my Apple passion more stronger?

Edit:My post can be bit crazy but dont get crazy.;) Atleast I warned you.
    Thanks.

Edit2: I looked into buyers guide but didnt get any help.
    -Liner

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

It sounds like the iPod touch is the perfect device for you. It offers the latest into what Apple is offering without the price tag of an iPhone, Mac, or iPad. I think it's the perfect segue into the Apple world for you. You really get the most bang for your buck since you have access to the entire app store too. You really can't go wrong. A little searching around and you won't have to pay full price for one too if you're willing to go refurbished or used.

3. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

yah, if you ever decide to get an iPhone you'll be ready for it since you got the iPod touch :p

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

get it. I've had my ipod touch for 2 years and I love it.

I have had several mac laptops, but my iPod Touch may just be my favorite..you can listen to music, play games and watch movies/tv shows anywhere while on the go. Plus, people often confuse it for an iPhone :p

5. Liner thread starter macrumors newbie

Very much thanks to all. I cant wait to get my iPod Touch. I actually already bought one from ebay. Im so excited!

6. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

You will enjoy it. I've owned my iPod Touch for two years and I still love it. I also own an iPhone 4. Enjoy your new iPod Touch when you get it!

7. thekb macrumors 6502a

ipod touch = gateway drug

I was always pretty adamantly anti-Apple for a long time. Bought an ipod touch a year and a half ago. Now I own an imac, macbook and ipad.

DON'T DO IT!!!!! :):):):)

The ipod touch impressed me so much that I started really looking at Apple and have gone whole hog for them. The touch is a fantastic little device that has so many uses I still keep it with me everyday and give it plenty of use.

8. Aqua Bliss macrumors 6502

If you get a touch make sure you get 4g. I warn you once you have it, you will want iPad2, it gets very expensive!

9. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Not really.. I think if you have an iPod touch it will make you want an iPhone.

10. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

That's great.
    You mentioned that you had a laptop with Ubuntu. You'll need iTunes to use your iPod though.

11. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

You'll enjoy it. It is a great gateway to the WonderfulWorldOfMac!

Congrats! ;)

12. penfan82 macrumors regular

As someone who owns a drodX ipad1 classic and a touch I will tell u I still love the touch even owning all the other products I use it alot in my home dock to listen to podcasts the radio or music u will love it and it will lead to wanting other devices apple or not

13. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

Cool! Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

14. Liner thread starter macrumors newbie

My iPod Touch haven`t arrived yet, but I think it will arrive in day or two. I can allmost feel how funny it is touch to nice multitouch screen with its all nice features. I will keep you updated and first feelings about iPod Touch once I get it. Really cant wait....

15. Liner thread starter macrumors newbie

Today it happened, I finally got my first iPod Touch! All what I can say now is, WOW. I didnt know that multitouch is so nice and easy to use. I feel like that it is much funnier to use iPod Touch than my regular laptop. I also have Nokia 5530 which have resistive touch screen which is not as good as capacitive multitouch screen. Finally I can play Angry Birds too, actually Im already addicted to it. For being addicted to Angry Birds Im more addicted to my new iPod. Once I stop using it, I have to use it again in min or two. I love :apple: now and for ever!

16. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

Great! Glad you're enjoying it. The iPod touch was my first Apple product as well. It was my entry point into the larger Apple world.

17. syc23 macrumors member

Enjoy! You won't regret it.

I for one was not quite sure about the iPod Touch as I already have an iPod Mini, iPod Shuffle to go with my iBook (which needs replacing with the 2011 iMac Sandy Bridge pronto), I was about to get an iPhone but fate decided to step in when I received the iPod Touch 4 as a gift a month ago - I absolutely love it!

Was pretty content with my dumb phone but wanted to get an iPhone 4 to get internet access on the move but now I have the iPod Touch, this will do me for the meantime. Probably hang off until the iPhone 5 and get one around Christmas.

iPod Touch is a great little device and provided you're not bothered about having phone capability then it's the better option than iPhone as there is no contract involved - just get a MiFi and it's all good :)

But a warning! You'll be hooked into Apple products in no time :D

18. Coasterfanryan macrumors regular

I say go for it! I've had my iPod touch for 2.5 years and I think it's my best purchase. I use it every day, whether it's for keeping my schedule up to date, jotting down notes for class or playing a game to pass the time. Even though my battery is shot it still is a great device!

19. caspersoong macrumors 6502a

Same for me. Once I got my iPod touch, my PC stayed at home. And I bought an Apple Wireless Keyboard to type essays, meeting minutes, and practically anything. Before that, I used to lug around my laptop to school, making my school bags nearly 20 kg. Hope you can put it to great practical use too.

20. kailibur macrumors member

welcome to the AA (appleholics anonymous)
    i am only 13 now, but am addicted to apple. prob a bad habit to start young. got first ipod nano 4g 8gb for 10th bday. then took all my 12th bday money to buy a 32gb 3g touch. now grounded from ps3 til xmas for asking one to many times for iphone 5 when it comes out. apple roks.
    though im sure there are some of you ore adictd than i.

OP, 1st things 1st- GET A FREAKING OTTERBOX!!!!!!!! its saved my ipod, moms ipad2, frends ipod, his dads iphone (run over by mini van). all these devices work fine still. dont buy otrbox on ebay. get it from otterbox.com if u want waranty. ONLY BUY DEFENDER SERIES!! all others are no better than a skinit case. screw the f@#$ price, if u dont want to buy a new ipod, fork over the 30-40 bucks for defender series

21. Danimalcracker macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

How long do these things last?

22. MetalheadGCN macrumors newbie

The solid-state storage will help it last longer than other drive-based devices. I know people with 1G iPod touches that are like the freakin' Energizer Bunny. Believe me, it should last a good long while.

23. Danimalcracker macrumors newbie

Good to hear. I would hate to spend $300 and it crap out on me in a few years. =X

Drive based devices. That makes sense. No moving parts equals less parts to wear out.