Should I buy the iPhone Invisible Shield?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NewIphone, Feb 8, 2009.

1. NewIphone macrumors member

Hi,

Does anyone recommend buying the iPhone Invisible Shield from ZAGG.com?

Thank you :D

2. RHVC59 macrumors 6502

RHVC59

Yes, I have had it on my 1st Iphone since I got the phone,.
    in an out of my pocket every day, works like a champ!:D

3. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

Yes. I love mine. Just take your time putting it on and make sure you do it right the first time.

4. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

I put one on 6 months ago. Wow its been that long ago?

5. davyreins macrumors 6502

I like my screen protector, but I'm not a fan of the body shield portion.

6. NewIphone thread starter macrumors member

Hmmmm.

I guess I should buy one :D

The volume button of my iPhone 3G fell out then I took the iPhone to an Apple store and guess what....

They gave me a 100% brand new iPhone. Seeing as my last iPhone had some nasty scratches on it I want to treat this one right :D

7. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I didn't care for the slightly tacky feeling of the screen InvisibleShield screen protector and sent it back for a refund. I'm a big fan of the crystal screen protectors that Apple handles. You can hardly tell it's there, and it feels like the naked screen.

YMMV, though. I am sure it does a great job of protection, and I use them on two digital cameras without trouble. Just not on the front of my iPhone.

8. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

agreed the slightly tacky feeling wither wears off or Ihave gtten used to it.
    I prefer the apple sceen protector too but I was tough on them and they didn't hold up. the shield is tacky, dulls the screen a little but is tougher than any of the screen protectors I put on there

9. UTclassof89 macrumors 6502

UTclassof89

bestskinsever(.com) is exactly the same thing as the zagg shield, but costs half as much (I got one last month and it's great).

10. rc51aaron macrumors member

Wife and I both have one, been 5 months.. no complaints here..

11. w...b macrumors regular

yea i rather best skins ever. I got two and it only cost me $14.

12. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

BSE fan here.

love it.

13. JZ Wire macrumors regular

JZ Wire

Definitely go for Bestskinsever.com! Its the same as invisible shield but more affordable. I have bought it for both my original iphone and the 3G and ive been happy with both. It protects the front, back, and sides of the iphone and when it comes off it doesn't leave a film or make it sticky.

14. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

Yes, IS and BSE are the same thing, but IS comes with a lifetime replacement warranty. If you need a new one with BSE you have to pay full price for it; and you WILL need an new one eventually no matter what product you choose.

I like the tacky feeling of the IS, its helps with gripping the otherwise slick iPhone; I haven't dropped my phone yet. You get used to it on the screen.

15. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

16. ajones46 macrumors 6502

Definitely go with bestskinsever.com. I'm convinced that they are exactly the same thing. I was on the email waiting list for both (zagg and bestskins) for when the new ipod touch 2nd gen skin would be available, and I received an email from both on the same day. Not to mention bestskins are about 1/4 the price. And, even though zagg gives you a lifetime warranty, you still have to pay $4.00 shipping every time.

17. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Got an IS back 50% off and I'm very happy with it.

18. liquidtrend macrumors 6502

liquidtrend

i bought two back peices.
    one is sitting in my closet.
    the other pissed me off because i have no idea how to install it properly...so i stabbed it a couple times and threw it away.

i would like to take the other one out of the closet one day and apply it correctly.

...one day.

19. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

best skins ever.

cheap price, good quality, and great CS

20. andrewsd macrumors 6502

yep

I love mine considering it also doubles as a cut protector since i have a few screen cracks in my iphone. :cool:

21. Sebby macrumors 6502a

I'm sorry to be different, but I bought a Best Skins Ever (which is effectively the same) and I really didn't like it. It's okay for the back, if you can apply it properly, which is pretty difficult on the iPhone. But for the front, I found it much too tacky (as in feel).

22. skythefly13 macrumors 6502

I had mine for about 2 months and it started to get a "burn" around all the edges, especially where my hand held the phone the most. Also, the screen protecter started to deteriorate, and made it look like there were small areas covered with mist, but it wouldn't wipe off. Stuck it on a white piece of paper and some areas were clear, most were brownish/orange tinted. Gross. Won't use one again

23. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

I've had mine for 2 months now and it's great.

I'd recommend having someone (a sales associate) put it on for you, if they will. Mine's slid off to the right a bit.

24. davyreins macrumors 6502

The customer service for IS kinda sucks. I have heard about people having problems talking with the people. The person I talked to was nice, but I had to wait literally 20 minutes on hold.