Should I cancel?

Philuk84

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2013
Hey guys.

I just ordered the 2.4ghz, 8gb ram, 650m 15inch retina MBP model on finance. This one. http://store.apple.com/uk/configure/ME664B/A?

It hasn't been processed yet but will hopefully be done so over the weekend.

I just saw that a new line is expected soon. If they are announced early next week how soon could they be available? Will they be more expensive than the one I just bought for £1800 and will they be available on finance right away?

If it's a big improvement and is the same price I might as well wait and cancel this order. If they're announcing it and it won't be out for months then I might still go ahead with my order.

Thoughts? Thanks. :)

Thanks again. :)

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Definitely cancel. With the expected mention at WWDC next week its better to be safe then sorry

B...

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2013
Another vote for cancel. It's just so close now and who knows what Apple might do to surprise us.

Philuk84

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2013
Ok. I'll do it tomorrow, thanks.

Will they be available pretty soon do you think? Any idea on cost based on previous models?

B...

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2013
Ok. I'll do it tomorrow, thanks.

Will they be available pretty soon do you think? Any idea on cost based on previous models?
Same cost or slightly less. If they are announced at WWDC, they'll be available within a month or so.

Philuk84

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2013
Seems that there are lots of rumours that there may not be an update to the rMBP.

Annoying!

Philuk84

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2013
This is what I'm thinking. I'll keep the order open and then if there's a price drop or a new one out in a matter of a couple of weeks I'll return it.

I won't get it till Tuesday anyway so I'll know if I have to return it before I even get it.

If I use it and I want to return it ill have to be so careful, and I'm a clumsy guy...

Philuk84

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2013
Is the one I've ordered a 2012 one or an early 2013 one?

Thanks again.

Philuk84

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2013
Yeah I know lol. It wasn't advertised as much as previously.

Plus I'm more of an Android guy and have always owned a PC. It was kind of an impulse buy, I played on my pals, realised my gaming pc is taking up space as I never use it and decided to have a change.

It was just by visiting this forum that I realised how close the conference is. Lucky really.

Philuk84

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2013
I cancelled. It would be less hassle to cancel than receive it and have to send it back.

Roll on Monday!

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I cancelled. It would be less hassle to cancel than receive it and have to send it back.

Roll on Monday!
That's what I was about to post. Why bother going through the process of returning it when you can just purchase it next week if you choose.