Should I cancel?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Philuk84, Jun 7, 2013.

  1. Philuk84 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2013
    #1
    Hey guys.

    I just ordered the 2.4ghz, 8gb ram, 650m 15inch retina MBP model on finance. This one. http://store.apple.com/uk/configure/ME664B/A?

    It hasn't been processed yet but will hopefully be done so over the weekend.

    I just saw that a new line is expected soon. If they are announced early next week how soon could they be available? Will they be more expensive than the one I just bought for £1800 and will they be available on finance right away?

    If it's a big improvement and is the same price I might as well wait and cancel this order. If they're announcing it and it won't be out for months then I might still go ahead with my order.

    Thoughts? Thanks. :)

    Thanks again. :)
     
  2. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #2
    Definitely cancel. With the expected mention at WWDC next week its better to be safe then sorry
     
  3. benwiggy macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2012
    #3
    You can return it within 14 days for a full refund.
     
  4. B... macrumors 68000

    B...

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2013
    #4
    Another vote for cancel. It's just so close now and who knows what Apple might do to surprise us.
     
  5. Philuk84 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2013
    #5
    Ok. I'll do it tomorrow, thanks.

    Will they be available pretty soon do you think? Any idea on cost based on previous models?
     
  6. Dweez macrumors 65816

    Dweez

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2011
    Location:
    Down by the river
    #6
    One more vote for cancel & see what Apple says on the 10th.
     
  7. B... macrumors 68000

    B...

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2013
    #7
    Same cost or slightly less. If they are announced at WWDC, they'll be available within a month or so.
     
  8. AppleMark macrumors 6502a

    AppleMark

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2009
    Location:
    The CCTV Capital of the World
    #8
    Cancel. You have nothing to lose and can just place a new order if things do not work out as expected.
     
  9. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68000

    TheAppleFairy

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2013
    Location:
    The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
    #9
    Better safe than sorry, and if you're not interested in the new models that may come out maybe the one you were going to get will be discounted.
     
  10. Philuk84 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2013
    #10
    A month? Gah.

    I guess I'll have to wait. Thanks. :)
     
  11. Philuk84 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2013
    #11
    Seems that there are lots of rumours that there may not be an update to the rMBP.

    Annoying!
     
  12. Mr. RPG macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2012
  13. Robster3 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2012
    #13
    Keep it, great Machine, new one won't be available till September.
     
  14. Philuk84 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2013
    #14
    This is what I'm thinking. I'll keep the order open and then if there's a price drop or a new one out in a matter of a couple of weeks I'll return it.

    I won't get it till Tuesday anyway so I'll know if I have to return it before I even get it.

    If I use it and I want to return it ill have to be so careful, and I'm a clumsy guy...
     
  15. Philuk84 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2013
    #15
    Is the one I've ordered a 2012 one or an early 2013 one?

    Thanks again.
     
  16. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2013
  17. skaertus macrumors 68030

    skaertus

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2009
    Location:
    Brazil
    #17
    Cancel it. If Apple doesn't release the rMBP next week, then you may get another one.
     
  18. Philuk84 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2013
    #18
    Again, I'll wait for the conference before cancelling.
     
  19. arcite macrumors 6502a

    arcite

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2009
    Location:
    Cairo, trapped in a pyramid with my iphone
    #19
    Only madmen order Macbooks mere hours before WWDC. :D
     
  20. Philuk84 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2013
    #20
    Yeah I know lol. It wasn't advertised as much as previously.

    Plus I'm more of an Android guy and have always owned a PC. It was kind of an impulse buy, I played on my pals, realised my gaming pc is taking up space as I never use it and decided to have a change.

    It was just by visiting this forum that I realised how close the conference is. Lucky really.
     
  21. Philuk84 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2013
    #21
    I cancelled. It would be less hassle to cancel than receive it and have to send it back.

    Roll on Monday!
     
  22. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #22
    That's what I was about to post. Why bother going through the process of returning it when you can just purchase it next week if you choose.
     
  23. Philuk84 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2013
  24. Zeov macrumors 6502a

    Zeov

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2011
    Location:
    Odense
  25. Philuk84 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2013
    #25

    Thanks for that. That's a great contribution.
     

Share This Page