Should i get a new or refurbished MacBook Pro 15" retina?

dragonjinse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
Both new and refurbished ones are similar in price. Surprisingly, the new is $15 cheaper than the refurbished!

I found the new macbook pro retina on ebay.
The seller just bought it from apple store yesterday and decided to sell it online.

Both new and refurbished macbook pros come with 1 year warranty and both have the same spec.

Which one should i get?

I heard that the refurbished one got tested longer than the new one. Does it mean the refurbished one is better quality?

I want to buy a laptop that last longer than 4 years!

Thank you

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
Why would the seller on ebay sell it for less than the refurb when he could just return it to Apple for a full refund?

If it sounds too good to be true, it is. Go for the refurb. The other one is just an empty box.

dragonjinse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
Haha.. True true true!! I feel the same. But it lists as new and never open. It still seals

Why would the seller on ebay sell it for less than the refurb when he could just return it to Apple for a full refund?

If it sounds too good to be true, it is. Go for the refurb. The other one is just an empty box.

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
Haha.. True true true!! I feel the same. But it lists as new and never open. It still seals
Of course it's never opened. You can't open something that doesn't exist.

All the more reason for him not to sell it. He could return it and get every red cent back. If it was real. But it isn't.

Yield85

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2011
Go for the refurb. I brought a brand new one and it was DOA, at least you know refurbs have been well tested.

gnasher729

macrumors P6
Nov 25, 2005
Both new and refurbished ones are similar in price. Surprisingly, the new is $15 cheaper than the refurbished!

I found the new macbook pro retina on ebay.
The seller just bought it from apple store yesterday and decided to sell it online.
Yeah, he decided to sell it online instead of returning it to Apple and getting his money back. Instead he goes through all the work selling on eBay, just to lose $200 or $300.

The refurbished Mac: Will be working like a new Mac. Obviously, **** happens, so if it doesn't work you send it back and get one that works. But that's just the same as with a new Mac.

The new Mac on eBay: Doesn't exist. It's a scam. You'll lose your money and get nothing.

dragonjinse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
I don't know though.. So you guys think the refurbished one is better than a new one?