Should I get an iPhone 4s? (I have an iPod 4g)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mariotr87, Oct 26, 2011.

1. mariotr87 macrumors regular

Well, I know you can not choose on my behalf, but I'm sure that you'll have your points to whether decide to buy it or not.

Here's the thing. I'm not rich, and obviously an iPhone is not something necessary (I mean, there are lots of phones much cheaper). I'd also have to buy it factory unlocked, which is about 700€ for the 32GB version. You don't need to make the conversion, it's just a lot.

Why do I want to buy it? Well, I have a MBA and an iPod 4G. Love them, it's a good combo. But I have a HTC Magic as a phone (more than two years old, pretty slow...).

I feel like two devices are too many to carry around too. Would be awesome if the iPod was a phone itself. I find as well a couple of things that I can not do with the iPod.
    -GPS (I have to carry an external one)
    -Camera. It's just horrible. And I don't have any other camera (other than the HTC one).

At the same time I'm more comfortable with iOS than with Android.

So, to sum up. Would you get an unlocked iPhone 4s if you had an Android phone and an iPod 4G already?

Thank you guys.

2. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Short answer, yes.

Long answer: Even if you have a separate phone, camera, etc., nothing can replace the all-in-one and anytime/anywhere nature of the iPhone.

I myself was struggling to decide whether the 4S was worth it or not for me, but ended up getting it and have not regretted it. I bought it on a 2-year contract with at&t.

The iPhone 4S A5 chip, camera, and amount of RAM is all superior to the iPod Touch.

If you need a cell phone, why not just go with the best? Also, you get Siri, which is a really cool new feature that actually comes in handy when you're traveling and want to quickly find the nearest fast food place or whatever.

I find the design of the iPhone to also be superior compared to the current iPod Touch.

I once had an iPod Touch (4G) for a week or so, then returned it and went for an iPad because the Touch did not satisfy me. If I'm going to have a device that fits in my pocket, shouldn't I have an all-in-one device that includes a phone and that has superior features (and anytime, anywhere connectivity)?

So, basically, yes, you should get it. And I'm not just saying it like a blind Apple fanboy. I'm saying because you definitely won't regret it and you'll "feel" the quality and really enjoy it.

3. Jett0516 macrumors 6502a

Jett0516

YES.

dont even bother reading comments...go and get it!

4. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

iPhone 4S is great for phone, audio, camera, GPS, and a whole lot more. The only argument against it is price. If you can afford it, get it.

5. mariotr87 thread starter macrumors regular

Haha I'm glad to hear that, I was wondering if I'm just crazy for wanting such an expensive phone having an iPod. The best advantage is having everything in an only device, no doubt about it.

I think that I'll get it pretty soon...:D