Should I have to give up my iPod touch for an android?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iperson21, Jun 5, 2011.

1. iperson21, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  2. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Well, if the amount they're paying for the phone is more than your iPod is worth, I see no reason why you should convince them. They don't owe you anything. Really, it seems they're not buying you a phone, but contributing an amount towards it (cost of phone - how much your iPod is worth). So there should be no reason to convince them, be grateful.

As you said, the games and music player really don't compare to their counterparts on iOS, for that reason I wouldn't want to give up iOS. If you can work out a deal to get an iPhone, I'd say take it. You'll only have one device in your pocket and you can keep all your App Store purchases. You wont be missing out on much by not using Android, unless you have some kind of obsessive compulsion to customise the hell out of your device :p

3. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

What I would do is see if you can do anything around your house chore wise and other stuff and convince your parents to buy you a new Android phone if your EnV2 is old/broken, and keep your touch or sell it if you like your Android phone more than your iPod.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

It looks like that you are leaning more to keeping your iPod. Since you mentioned Env2, I'm guessing you are on Verizon - so why not get an iPhone now? I mean, sure it won't be the latest iPhone in a few months but I still think its better than going completely Android if that means you need to give up your iPod Touch anyways. An iPhone is basically an iPod Touch that can call, make texts, and connect to the internet anywhere without using WiFi.

As for convincing them to let you keep it, you should just explain to them that you really like iOS and you don't want to give it up for Android because it's sycns with iTunes, all the apps you invested would be gone, etc.

Honestly, I'd get an iPhone.

5. iperson21 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the advice guys, i now have some points to use when i talk to my parents about this again.