iPhone 6(S)(+) Should I pay off and keep 6s+ or upgrade to then 8+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Yogosans14, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Yogosans14 macrumors regular

The 8+ will cost me only 80$ for a down payment but my bill will be 115$ a month.

If I buy the 6s+ I only have 200$ left to pay off and my bill would lower to 60$ a month. It’s currently at 100$ a month.

Is there any significant differences between the 6s+ and 8+?

2. lambertjohn macrumors 6502a

Stick with the 6s+. It's still a good phone. Save your money for whatever comes after the iPhone X.

3. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Take advantage of the $29 battery replacement and enjoy your phone. It will last you for a long time.

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I agree with @Thor_1 Pay off your phone, get the battery replaced, and enjoy a lower phone bill.

5. Relentless Power, Mar 3, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2018

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The major differences between the 6S and 8, the 8 Plus has the following:

Wireless charging
    Glass backing/display
    Haptic Home button
    Water resistant IP67 rated
    Camera upgrades/Augmented reality features
    Stereo speakers
    True Tone Display
    A11 Bionic Processor/Battery improvements.

6. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

Minus a headphone jack and heavier.

7. tonybarnaby macrumors 65816

The 6s plus is a good phone, but I think 2018 is going to be a great year for iPhones. I’d wait if you want a phone that can last you 3-4 years. My guess is an iPhone released this year will have 4gb of ram and be able to really have some longevity.

8 plus is nice, but I think 4gb of ram is the sweet spot for future proofing.

8. M-A-R-V Suspended

M-A-R-V

And you missed .....

1) New Gold & Space grey color

2) weight and dimensions (8Plus is thicker wider and heavier)

3) Glass Back

4) p3 wide color gamot display

5) Dual camera

6) Fast charging

9. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

I love the 6S+
    I have the 8 Plus

IMO, bank that cash and keep the 6S+ for now.

10. GomerBoy macrumors 6502

I can’t compare to the 6s Plus as I never had one, but I love my 8 Plus! The 5.5 inch screen is awesome and the battery life is the best part!

11. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

I also love my 8 Plus but the 6S Plus is still a great phone with a great camera. I think some good devices, and hopefully fixes, coming in late 2018.

12. ForumChick macrumors regular

ForumChick

My 8 plus is great but just wait out for the models coming out this fall. You won’t be missing that much.

13. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I think the more distinct advantages the iPhone 8 has is the water resistance, stereo speakers, wireless charging, camera, True Tone and haptic button. It’s obviously missing the 3.5 mm Jack, but I have adjusted with the AirPods quite well.

14. Racineur macrumors 6502

Racineur

I have a 6s 64 gb. Runs iOS 11.2 very smoothly. Reason to buy or keep it: headphone jack, not concerned by wireless charging, glass backing, haptic Home button, water resistant, camera upgrades/Augmented reality features, stereo speakers, True Tone Display. And for all those who still view an iPhone as a telephone before all. I'm a semi-professional photographer so my DSLR fit the bill. I have high quality headphones. I don't carry a phone in the washroom or at the pool. I couldn't car less about True-Tone. So it's the perfect phones for "older" people and those who still make calls...

15. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

Nm
    --- Post Merged, Mar 5, 2018 ---
    And now as of iOS 11.3 public beta 4 the speaker clipping is fixed!!

16. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I know many people on here will be happy to read about it being fixed with the latest beta. Good job reporting feedback on the issue.

17. GomerBoy macrumors 6502

Are you serious?!? Yay!!! I’ve never downloaded a beta before...how do I do that?
    You can IM me please?

18. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

Can reply more later but it might be worth waiting as 11.3 should be out before long. If you want to install beta I can help you.

19. GomerBoy macrumors 6502

Take your time, but I’m interested so please replay to me later haha!

20. QuarterSwede, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018

QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

My wife got the 8 at the end of last year and I have a 6S Plus and I agree. The 6S is actually a lot closer to 8 in day to day usage than one would think.

If one would like water resistance, extremely loud speakers, a better camera then it’s worth it. However the caveat is the haptic home button which my wife likes far less than the feel of the physical one on the 6S and she thinks the lack of headphone jack is stupid, “how am I supposed to charge it and listen to it at the same time?”
    Sign in at beta.apple.com and download the beta profile under the Enroll Your Devices tab. Follow the instruction there. Basically you install the profile by tapping the link and accepting the terms and rebooting, then checking software update. Be aware that once you backup that new backup cannot be used to restore back to the public release (in this case 11.2.x).

21. GomerBoy macrumors 6502

Thanks! What if I want to get rid of that software program off my phone in the future?

22. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

Just delete the profile and reboot. Advice is stay on the 11.3 beta until the prod version then delete profile.
    Note in 11.3 you get Messages backed up to iCloud.

23. GomerBoy macrumors 6502

So I’m on 11.3 beta 4 and so far the clipping has stopped for typing and listening to music in the background. For some reason though, the issue is not fixed in Snapchat? When I’m using a filter video and I speak in a high voice, the speaker crackles bad still. Can anyone still confirm this?
    Take a Snapchat video on the filter with the goofy weird big face one (lol I don’t know what else to call it) and raise your voice. Replay that filter video and you’ll still hear the clipping.

24. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

I wish I could test this but I don’t use Snapchat.
    Hopefully the ‘fix’ can be leveraged by Apple & developers to solve entirely.

25. GomerBoy macrumors 6502

Hopefully! I only use Snapchat filter videos when I’m bored anyway so it’s not a big deal. So happy that I can now listen to music and type at the same time without clipping! Wooo! Was everything that would clip fixed for you?