Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rkahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
Apple came up with an advanced program for screen detection. If you go to an Apple Store and look at all 50 of their displays then you will be certified as an "Expert" at looking at an iPad.

TheWheelMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
...2 months later, I'm amazed that some people's hobby on this forum seems to be hanging around complaint threads, without any complaints of their own, for no other reason than to badger those with complaints. If that isn't a supreme waste of time, I don't know what is...

But you're not amazed that, 2 months later, some people's hobby seems to be hanging around every single thread complaining and whining about their misfortune over and over again, which in my opinion is exactly why some of us appear to "badgering" the complainers in the first place?

Okay...

rkahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
But you're not amazed that, 2 months later, some people's hobby seems to be hanging around every single thread complaining and whining about their misfortune over and over again, which in my opinion is exactly why some of us appear to "badgering" the complainers in the first place?

Okay...

I look for these threads every morning just to see how many iPads are being returned by the same people. LOL, the person you replied to just dropped and dented their iPad btw. Now they have a legitimate defect.

Hoggles

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
Portlandia
:rolleyes:
I think your mind is made up! Don't buy it. You don't deserve it.

Threads like this crack me up. I've purchased 3 iPads, one for myself and two as gifts. All are excellent. At least three of my coworkers have purchased them and love them. No complaints and no needless handwringing over phantom issues.

Amen

----------

Yes, calling it a yellowpad is asking for trouble, and corny at best. And in the 50 or so I've seen with my own eyes, I've not seen one I'd characterize as "yellow". Varying degrees of pink/green/cyan, blotchy uneven backlighting, dull flat contrast, yes, but not yellow.

2 months later, I'm amazed that some people's hobby on this forum seems to be hanging around complaint threads, without any complaints of their own, for no other reason than to badger those with complaints. If that isn't a supreme waste of time, I don't know what is.

And it's funny, those of us with complaints are constantly labled a "small handful". Yet, while I've lost track of the number of people who've posted their experiences with the same screen issues I've seen, I can easily count and name the handful of hobby badgers who post in these threads incessantly, day in and day out. Talk about a handful. Talk about small.

Fact. I've seen 50+ new iPads. All but 3-4 of them had issues with the screens that I could plainly see.

Fact. Most people have handled no where near 50 iPads. Yet the resident hobby badgers here are somehow privy to the overall quality of all iPads, based on their single-iPad experiences.

Fact. If you are not sensitive to color and you have nothing to compare it to, chances are very good that you will perceive your iPad as perfect.

Nice try...but you're flat out wrong and a little ticked or obsessed at something.... People not complaining enough I guess?

I think you essentially have made yourself a "hobby badger" (as you called others), by admitting you've studied "50+" iPads. Thank the maker you're so "privy" to that kind of real knowledge of how the majority of iPads "overall quality" really is. Apple should hire you for QC.

Fact... The VAST majority of iPads are perfect. Sorry, it's true.

Fact... 10 of millions of iPad3's sold. VERY TINY minority of people with issues. Fair guess would be below 1%.

Yawn...

Last edited:

nicoplanet

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
France
Always the same here.

As mcdj I'm still looking forward to see a decent iPad 3 screen. But I must confess I can only check demo models, which are usually February / March models... My iPad 3 is a December. Maybe the latest May models have been fixed or had proper QC?

Honestly, buy one and check it. If you don't like the display, take it back. This is the only way to get Apple attention on it. As many others say, if actual panels are perfect for 80% customers, no need to apply tighter (and expensive) QC!

Money is money. Cheaper is better for Apple.

TheWheelMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
Always the same here.

As mcdj I'm still looking forward to see a decent iPad 3 screen. But I must confess I can only check demo models, which are usually February / March models... My iPad 3 is a December. Maybe the latest May models have been fixed or had proper QC?

Honestly, buy one and check it. If you don't like the display, take it back. This is the only way to get Apple attention on it. As many others say, if actual panels are perfect for 80% customers, no need to apply tighter (and expensive) QC!

Money is money. Cheaper is better for Apple.

Mine is a March or April, I think.

kevinleeone

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2012
I think you might as well try.
You can always return and replace one if you don't like it.
There are always bad units out there, especially the new iPads.
But if you are in countries no replacement is available.........

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.