Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
Hay guys, I am debating if I want to keep my iPhone 6 or not.

Pros are it's amazing to browse the web, 1080p display, OIS camera, and battery life.

Cons are size, hmm idk what to do? maybe I need to get used to the accessibly feature.

Rud3Bwoy

Suspended
Oct 9, 2011

Pros are it's amazing to browse the web, 1080p display, OIS camera, and battery life.

Cons are size, hmm idk what to do? maybe I need to get used to the accessibly feature.

honestly just sell it make profit and buy 4.7

Scott1012

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2011
New York City

Keep it. Its amazing! I got use to the size in a few hours. After you use it for a couple of days, you can never go back to the smaller models...at least that is my humble opinion coming from the 5S.

teamjaycub

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
I'm still deciding whether or not to return my too.

But, I've had mine since launch day, and every day I'm liking it more and more!

m3nphls

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2013
Buy a neck strap and put it around your neck. Then you won't have problem with the size.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
You have 14 days I think, so why not hold off for another week or so and see how you feel about it then?

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
You have 14 days I think, so why not hold off for another week or so and see how you feel about it then?

I bought 4 iPhones. 2 6, 2 6+.

This was my dads phone but he thought it was too large and asked me to exchange it today. They were all out of the model I wanted at the Apple Store so I have to wait until tomorrow morning. I really do like the web browsing and the 1080p display but the functionality is hurting me; literally getting finger cramps.

To get "normal" functionality and stop the cramps on on the 6+ I have to use the accessibly mode quite often (like every few entries) or I use my left hand to select the buttons at the top of the screen.

KG5429

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
I pre ordered the 6+. My Fiance got his 6 +on friday immediately I thought I would hate it and it was too big. I went this weekend and got the 6. After using he 6 for two days I am going to keep my 6+ that comes in tomorrow and return the 6.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
I could understand this question being asked if you didn't know the pros and cons, but you obviously do. So decide yourself whats more important and make a decision. Simple.

I love the feel of the 4.7 in my hand. It's perfect and not at all cumbersome in my pocket, even when sitting. One handed use, including texting is not a problem.

I love the battery life on the Plus, as well as what they've done in landscape mode to put that extra real-estate to good use. The photos and videos the camera is able to produce are also stunning and the increased pixel density makes for a noticeable improvement.

I decided that the features of the 6 Plus was something I wanted more than the convenience of the 6

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The wife and I visited the Apple Store today and witnessed the glory of the new iPhone 6. :D

Impression shared by both of us: the 6+ is too damned big. We are opting for the smaller 6. If I want big, I have my iPad. :)

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
If u want to do an exchange,are you able to reserve the one u want online and exchange in store?

I think so. I'm thinking about what that other guy said tho, about trying to sell it. I might be able to sell it for the same price I could buy an unlocked 6 for.

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR

You're unsure enough that you didn't just take it back and exchange it. That says to me that you want to keep it and you're just looking for outside confirmation of your choice. Consider it confirmed. The Plus is awesome. You already know. You own one. You're probably reading this on it. At the very least keep it for another three days. Nothing to lose. You have 14 from your purchase date. If you find during that time that you're compelled to take it back and exchange it without asking us first? You'll have your answer.

JForestZ34

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2007
I returned my 6+ today. I used it all weekend and I do love the screen, it was just too big for my taste. I went to either return it or exchange it for a 6.

Now the thing that bothered me today is I looked up availability online and found a store that had some. I drove after work and still showed the had the model I wanted. I get there and a apple employee helped me right when I walked in. He said he would check stock to see if they have it. He came back 5 mins later and said they didn't have anymore but yet the store is still showing they have them. Did he not want to bother to look? Not sure. I got home and I just ordered one online and I'm gonna wait. I'm not gonna be always checking online at the stores or running around. I can wait..

James

joshwithachance

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2009
It's up to what you really want/need out of a device.

For me, the incredible battery life, OIS, and full 1080p screen are more than enough of an upgrade over the regular 6. It's a bit less one-handed friendly, but this class of device isn't meant to be used one-handed.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
If you return it just know you are not alone. At Soho in NYC guy was helping me with my case said he had 20 people exchange their 6 pluses already that day. Almost to the point Apple may change their policy as it's contributing to shortages.

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
If you return it just know you are not alone. At Soho in NYC guy was helping me with my case said he had 20 people exchange their 6 pluses already that day. Almost to the point Apple may change their policy as it's contributing to shortages.

Ha, that doesn't surprise me.

Taco1933

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2014
Can't tell you. You should know if it's uncomfortable for you to use. We can't know that.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida

Here, watch this video of a petite attractive woman man-handling a 6+. Maybe it will encourage you..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.