Should I return my black 5 for a white?

britneyfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
I find myself missing my white 4S but I don't know if the white is the right way to go. Hmmm... Anyone thinking about this?
I have until tomorrow.

Joybulb

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2011
Yes, reason being that if the black/slate gets scratched you will see the natural silver underneath quite easily. If the white/silver gets scratched it will be much harder to see that it's scratched. There you go, an objective opinion on why you should switch.

Comment

Paulsan

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2007
Earth
You couldn't decide what color you wanted so somebody else gets screwed and has to wait longer for their phone so your "replacement" can come out of stock? You are selfish.

Comment

Mr.C

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I find it baffling why people keep posting threads regards which colour they should get. At the end of the day it is and should be a personal choice and decision. No one can tell you what colour you like best. You need to make your own decision.

Comment

bpeeps

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2011
You couldn't decide what color you wanted so somebody else gets screwed and has to wait longer for their phone so your "replacement" can come out of stock? You are selfish.
That's not how it works. Replacements are different stock.

Comment

pragmatous

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2012
yes white is better than black in the long term. Isn't that pretty standard since adam and eve created steve?

Er wait you mean ... right umm .. sure.
(I'm kidding)

So you guys think white is better for the long term.

Comment

ITS ME DAVID

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
Pasadena, Ca
If you got the iPhone on launch date it's too late to return if bought from apple but if bought at att then you have 30 days other carriers I believe 14 days as well also apple won't let you exchange for a different color you must return it then repurchase another one in the color you want.

Comment

rangrbob

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2010
It's not too late I just replaced mine. Upgraded to the 64. They only had white available. It's kinda nice, if I don't like it I just reset my purchase date so I can switch it out for black later when more stock is available.

Comment

Dstopsie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
This was the path I took, dabbling with a black iPhone 5 in between for a few days.
I just really like the white Iphone. Doesn't show fingerprints and I can use any color case or bumper on it and it looks nice. After I got my white 4s I bought a white new iPad. Just got bored with the black phone and iPad.

----------

I think so as scratches will be less visible. Im going with the white this time.
You won't regret it. It's very elegant looking.

Comment

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
I say you return it because we like telling you what to do! :D

JK. Go whatever you like. Why be influenced by what others say. Do what makes you happy. I'm keeping my black iPhone since it's the color I want regardless of what the others say.

Comment

britneyfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
I think I'll go to white. Black is kind of depressing. I love my 4S. LOL

Comment

bpeeps

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2011
Now that's funny! Different stock. You are joking right?
Its obvious how little you know. Multiple users have even posted about Apple stores being out of stock for new customers to purchase iPhone 5. But they have a separate stockpile just for replacements for defective, scratched, whatever phones. Please do a little reading before you contribute opinions as fact. Especially when they are false.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.