Should I return my iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tacorrito, Jun 30, 2015.

1. tacorrito macrumors newbie

About a week ago, my phone started freezing to a blue screen, or would have random horizontal lines flickering across. ( I have images of the screen in the thread http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...-blue-screen-and-lines.1894642/#post-21501667 )

I brought to the Apple Store to have it checked out, where they immediately got me a replacement and noted the failure as a 'kernel panic'.

It's been a day since I've had the new phone, and since then there have been two occasions where I've been browsing on Safari and the phone shuts down and reboots relatively quickly. I hear it's not a restart, but rather, called a refresh. Either way this doesn't seem like natural behaviour from an iPhone, and I have a feeling that the issues would only get worse with time. I haven't restored it again from the software that was present on the phone when it was given to me (it was the latest update at 8.3). Regardless, should I book an appointment at the store and ask them for another replacement?

2. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

If you're not happy with how your device is acting, and think it may be faulty, it's better to get Apple's opinion on the matter than kicking yourself for not doing it.

3. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

How old was your phone? I would definitely return the replacement phone.

4. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

If you are on T-Mobile, MacRumors had an article that this was possibly a problem with the last carrier update that was pushed out.

While I personally have not had any problems, It would be worth while to call your carrier and ask if that has been the documented issue before booking an appointment with Apple.

5. bad03xtreme macrumors 6502a

bad03xtreme

Mine has been acting up as well, how old was your original phone when they replaced it? I have had my 6 for about 4 months and have had nothing but issues as well as the "Blue Screen" of death.

6. AreanFSL macrumors 6502

I would of been at the apple store already. Let alone I would not make a thread about it.
    The phone should not have a blue screen of death!

7. tacorrito thread starter macrumors newbie

I've had my original phone for less than 4 months, with the first blue screen of death appearing about a month into it.

That phone was taken by Apple after they gave me the replacement - and it appears that I'll need to swap that replacement tomorrow!

8. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Go to Apple Store and demand a replacement ASAP