Should I sell my iPhone 6 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPad Retina, May 13, 2015.

1. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Hello Everyone,

Do you guys think I should sell my iPhone 6 Plus now, and just use my 5S for now and wait. The price for the phone hasn't come down much, do you think it's worth waiting for the 6S?

Thanks

2. hamiltonDSi macrumors 65816

hamiltonDSi

3. 617aircav Suspended

you went get more than 650 for it, assuming its the 64gb and unlocked. Whats the point of selling your daily phone and waiting months for the next one. The next phone will almost the same.

4. iPad Retina thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

I still have a brand new iPhone 5S replacement

5. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I would sell the 5S.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm thinking that my IP6+ is too big and I'm toying with the idea of getting a 6s (or 6c if there is one). I love the giant display of my 6+ when I'm using it, but not when i'm carrying it. I also found I still need to take my glasses off and push my face close to the phone to see it. The very thing I had to do on my 5c.

I was planning on putting it up for sale this summer and then use my space Lumia 830 for a few months. I figure the closer to fall I get the more people will be selling their iPhone 6 models and the lower the price may be (maybe not a lot but it will happen).

7. oneshotpro Suspended

sell both iPhones and pick up a Blackberry Passport.

8. Ifti macrumors 68000

Wow - talks of selling currents phones for the 6s already?!

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I usually don't fall into that trap, but this time, I think the 6+ is not a great fit for my needs and if I can find something that is a better fit, why not.

I've also learned my lesson in selling older iPhones (while this isn't really an older iPhone). I used to sell them after I bought my new iPhone, but that's too late. The market is already flooded with iPhones and the price drops to due the flood of supply.

10. Ifti macrumors 68000

Ah OK, in that case thats pretty understandable. I do understand what you mean about the 6+ and transporting it, but the screen size is so good for me that Im willing to suffer the portability issue!

You need to sell before the rumours of the new version start. Once the rumours start its sometimes too late as people tend to wait as they know another is coming very soon.

11. cynics macrumors G3

If you don't mind using the 5S then sell the 6+ asap.

12. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I'd sell sooner than later. To be quite honest if you look at places like Swappa etc they are already flooded with phones and they aren't moving as quickly as they used to, unless of course your price is cheap!

13. iPad Retina thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

I think I'll sell it in July, how much is a iPhone 6 plus 64gb factory gsm unlocked sell for? In the states, the phone comes with replacement iPhone box, zagg liftime glass screen protector, and black leather Apple case. I think I'll list it at $950 in Canada or less in the U.S. While I'm there maybe

I starting to get annoyed with the rounded edges on the phone, it doesn't offer enough drip

I'm still waiting for a camera upgrade

Too large of a screen a bit.

And camera sticking out

The reason I got iPhone 6 plus over the normal 6 is because of the camera stabilization, and iMovie editing on it has more space.

14. placidity44 macrumors 6502

placidity44

To be completely honest with you i'd just keep your iPhone 6 Plus unless you have to have the latest and greatest. I fall in that boat of having to have the latest and greatest but the rumors i've read it won't be a significant upgrade from the current 6/6+. A9 chip / 2GB Ram / Force Touch / possible rose gold option. Now obviously those are just rumors and it's all heresy but a lot of the leaks have been on point in the past. Seems awesome but in my opinion not a huge upgrade. I will be passing this year for the first time since having a 4S/5/5s/6+. But if you must upgrade i'd sell as soon as possible to get the highest resale value. A 5S is still a fast phone. Or, better yet you could sell the 5S before it depreciates more and since it's pretty much new you could get higher resale value and then sell the 6+ when the 6/+s comes out. That's probably what i'd do if I had both phones.

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Seems like me the OP feels the IP+ is not a great fit so its less about getting the latest and more about get a phone that better meets his needs.

16. valinda macrumors 6502

valinda

If I didn't like my 6+, I would sell it soon. As time goes, it should decrease
    in value.

17. jkel777 macrumors 6502

This is what I'm going to do, too. I actually REALLY want to sell my 6+ right now and get a 6, but I know that would just be a waste of money when the 6s is right around the corner. I've (finally) come to realize that it's just too big for me for everyday usage.

18. valinda macrumors 6502

valinda

I would only do it if I had a spare phone at home. I have a iphone 5 that I
    keep as a backup if something happens to my 6+. I did try to sell it to back
    to Verizon but they offered me little money for it, so I kept it. They did give
    me a good price for the Samsung S5, almost what I paid for it.

19. iPad Retina thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

I Know right!

20. j800r macrumors regular

Hmm. My input? You should've worked out it wasn't working for you in the warranty period and just returned it.

Personally, I'm rockin the regular iPhone 6 and I feel it is the magic spot for a smartphone. Not too big to lose ease of portability and not too small either. I was never interested in the + as I don't get the whole phablet thing. I'd sooner own a smartphone and then a tablet for large screen things. To each their own though.

If it's gonna collect dust otherwise by all means sell it. Maybe trade for a regular 6 though and hold onto that until the 7 is introduced?

21. ChinaRye macrumors 6502

ChinaRye

Why would you sell a 6 Plus and wait 4+ plus months for the new iPhone? It's doubtful there will be killer new features.

22. j800r macrumors regular

And if there was a spec jump you couldn't really take advantage of it as even now most apps and games are still "optimised for iPhone 5"

23. C DM macrumors Westmere

Perhaps some, but certainly not most.

24. Allin44 macrumors 6502

Definitely not most, that's just plain untrue.

Every app on my phone is optimized for 6/6+.

25. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

TomTom, Ebay and Paypal are my biggest annoyances when it comes to apps not being optimised.