Should I spring for Beejive?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Arkanok, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Ok so I've currently got IM+ which is fine for the most part, but I've noticed that it drains the battery quite fast which causes me to avoid using it more often than not. When reading the description for Beejive, it said something about being easy on battery life, is this true?

For those that have used both, since I have IM+ should I get beejive instead? Is it worth the $9.99? I bought IM+ when it was on sale for a dollar or two a while ago so it's not like I spent a crapload of cash on it.

2. aidricksdad macrumors regular

aidricksdad

i have a lot of isues with bejive discoonecting and not being able to log back in but maybe its just me

i get the spinning wheel a ot and have to open and close the app a few time to get rid of it

3. Arkanok thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Well I guess the one thing that will sell me on it for sure though is whether or not it is easy on the battery; IM+ sucks it dead too fast. Can you guys tell me if it's good on the battery please?

4. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

I'm not sure, as I have nothing to compare it to. But I have Push on and my battery lasts me ~10 hours usage without plugging it in during the day, and I frequently play games and browse the web, so yeah.

5. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

I'd wait for Meebo or something. I don't know what's taking them so long though and NOTHING on there blog about it. Lame. Maybe we'll get Adium Mobile! :)

6. Arkanok thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Bah, I guess I'm just kinda torn because I've heard that they've started beta testing for Trillian Astra for iPhone and I have a feeling that'll be a good one, so I don't know if i really wanna pay for another one if i buy beejive lol..

7. pintnight macrumors 6502

Set yuor tmeiuot to 24 hruos.

8. Slava macrumors member

Slava

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

This could be related to high load on their servers and/or some bugs. I believe they submitted (or about to) new version for approval.

Meanwhile — try to login before 9am :)