Should I switch from 13" pro to 15" pro? look at the specs inside

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GadgetGeek407, Jun 24, 2010.

1. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

I have a 2.66ghz 4gb ram sd model with 320hd 13"

I have a friend who is selling a 15" pro 3.06ghz 8gb ram 500gb

Now I also have an ipad but I love the portability of the 13" although I realized playing with his the 15" isn't THAT much bigger....

What are the major differences between them considering they are both core2duo, and where would I notice the speed or ram difference or even the graphics difference?

More importantly tell me a real good reasonable price I should pay considering the new model is out with the i5 and i7 but yet the processor is slower than 3.06 as well.. what is an insane good deal?

Thanks

2. GadgetGeek407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

90 people read this and NOT one person wants to chime in? come on guys lol PLEASE? lol

3. Yinmay macrumors regular

You don't seem to need that laptop your friend is selling. The only reason why you're considering it/asking here is because your friend is selling it.

Just wait for the next macbook pro (spring/june 2011) and decide then whether you want to buy a 15" or not.

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

5. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

i have a 13" macbook pro now, (gone down from a 17")
    and the only only only thing i dislike about it is the speaker quality.
    i record music, so the speakers of the 15 or 17 would have been nicer for me. louder, i mean.
    but anything aside that, i love this laptop so much for.

i wouldn't go with the 15".
    waste of money at the moment.
    i'd recommend what that other guy said and just wait and see if you want a 15" later.
    even if you don't get the newest model, you'd save money opposed to buying now anyway.

6. GadgetGeek407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I basically use it just for internet, pictures, email, ichat, wmware windows 7 for my business which uses a program that only runs on windows, no gaming at all or anything like that

7. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

FYI A 3.06 GHz Core @ Duo is slower, NOT FASTER than the new i5 and i7 MBPs. GHz isn't everything anymore. I hear that a 2.4 GHz i5 was like 30% FASTER than a 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo.

8. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

I don't think it's worth it. If you are concerned about the screen size, I'd recommend picking up an external monitor for it. I went with the 15" over the 17" and picked up a 24" 1080p external monitor since I use my MBP at home 99% of the time. I couldn't be happier with this decision.

Since you don't seem to be doing anything that graphically demanding, I don't think you would benefit from the upgraded graphics card either.

9. Jaxdialation macrumors regular

Yup