Should I wait for iWatch 3

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Aidoon, May 15, 2017.

1. Aidoon macrumors newbie

Aidoon

When does Apple usually release new versions of iWatch.

Whould I wait?

2. Tapiture macrumors 6502

The branding department at Apple would kill you. It's called "Apple Watch." And I think you should wait. A Watch isn't a necessity like a phone, and the next gen of Apple Watch will bring the biggest changes yet, although they won't be huge. I'm considering upgrading from my first gen to a nice new one when the third gen comes out in the fall.

3. Gav.Winters macrumors member

I agree with Tapiture, the upgrades are usually unspectacular, rather like the iPad line. That said It'll probably be out in September so I'd wait.

4. Tapiture macrumors 6502

That said, if you see a good sale over $100 off of the current models you should be more inclined to consider buying.

5. Eggtastic macrumors 6502a

Eggtastic

I am in the same boat. Unfortunately we probably won't see any design changes until next year because apple is a greedy @sshole and wants to milk the design for all it is worth knowing damn well they can make the thing thinner and the screen larger in the same footprint.

6. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

If you're referring to Series 3, it's only been rumored LTE being one of the major revisions. Which, personally, I don't think is major.

The real major changes will be with the health advancements in glucose and blood pressure monitoring. But I don't Believe these changes will be here any time soon. Likely when the Watch see's changes in the over all architecture.

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...e-glucose-monitoring-and-smart-bands.2045811/

7. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502

OriginalAppleGuy

If you are curious about the functionality of an Apple Watch now, I personally think you should get one now. There is no guarantee when the next version will come out. It might be September. Or it could be later. For arguments sake, let's say September. Historically, its been difficult to get anything new that Apple offers. Would you really be able to get the watch in September, October or even November?

I would get the S2 as it has the most features to offer at this point and will have a longer useful life. If you need to save some $$$ then maybe go with the S1. You'll miss out on the screen brightness (summer's coming - if you are in a sunny area, this will be important), crown dimming feature, stated "waterproofness," etc.

Besides, if you wait, you won't have the experience the watch offers for months. If you were asking in August, I'd say maybe then, wait.

8. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Still waiting for the initial release of the "iWatch".

emoji-s.png

9. taotinhte macrumors newbie

taotinhte

10. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

In all fine stores that sell the iWatch 1 ;)

11. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

I agree, I asked myself the same question 2 months ago, easier decision, but still, two months with the S2 and love it, what I thought was, try the aluminum and not spend $200 extra, and if I like it, buy the Black Stainless Steel when the S3 comes out, I will definitely be selling my S2 and buy the S3 when it comes out.

It's a great companion to the iPhone, some people think that the Apple Watch sucks because it doesn't do a lot of things, well, it's not supposed to, it will never replace the iPhone.

12. betasp macrumors member

I own an S0 and I am waiting for an S3. I am hoping for smartbands and maybe LTE. A 'battery' smartband that can get me 2-3 days would be fantastic!

13. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

LTE could very well be a possibility. I don't think we will see smart bands by Series 3 if it debuts in fall 2017. I think smart bands will be further in the future how they incorporate with more health related sensors when the overhauled Apple Watch comes about.

14. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Depends on what new features there will be in third gen. if they do it in the same ways as the phones,I would buy one now,and use it for 2-3 years or more,then buy one that's Soo much better.

15. csurfr macrumors 6502a

I had a series 2 Nike+ and had an issue with the screen delaminating so I was given the choice to exchange it or return it. I decided to return and purchased a refurb SS S2 for just under 100.00 more.

I thought of waiting for the S3, but if you're waiting for the latest and greatest, you're always waiting, right?

In the end, it's your choice. If you feel the current generation will do what you need/want, grab it. And the refurb prices aren't bad at all.

16. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

This is the mindset somebody should have towards technology when making purchasing decisions. Well said.

17. ddrulez macrumors member

Yeah I waiting too for this to replace my 1gen Watch. I had a Typ 2 and glucose Monitoring is a good thing to have. Maybe it will come back sometime.

18. JackieInCo macrumors 601

19. imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

I don't get the waiting, if you are gonna wait for #3 why not just wait for #4 or #5? lol they come out fairly frequent.

20. Relentless Power, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Frequent? The First Gen Apple Watch was 18 months apart from the Series 1/2 release In September 2016.

21. imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

22. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I never stated it was a "Long time." The point is, there is no real timeline for the Apple Watch for future models, because it's fairly new product for Apple.

23. imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

right, fairly new but if you go with apple products ie: iphone then you can assume that there will be new versions just as often. They need to keep up with all the other people out there.

24. Terrance94 macrumors member

It's not as bad as when I went to Best Buy. Some guy was looking for an "Apple iPhone watch" I started choking.

25. jdogg836 macrumors regular

jdogg836

The real question is how does one find the "Apple Watch" subforum and still call it an iWatch? This late in the game, I'd only buy the current generation on a nice steep sale otherwise hold out for the next one.