Should I wait for the fall

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by sethm1, Jun 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sethm1 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2014
    #1
    I have an older iPad and will eventually buy the 10.5 inch.
    Any harm in buying it now with the current IOS and then in fall when version 11 comes out do the IOS update OR wait till when the 10.5 comes preinstalled with IOS 11 ?

    Thx
     
  2. Feenician macrumors 68040

    Feenician

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2016
    #2
    No harm in it and I wouldn’t expect the price to drop in the interim. If you have the cash I’d say go for it.
     
  3. AbblePC macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2009
  4. sethm1 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2014
    #4
    Price not the issue (who am i kidding, its an Apple) more of performance, loss of storage during the update process or is such an update way different than a Microsoft update?, etc.
     
  5. Feenician macrumors 68040

    Feenician

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2016
    #5
    Upgrading or even reinstalling when the public release comes around will give you a system no different from those who buy with iOS 11 factory installed. Its not like Windows Update indeed - no winSXS folder bloating up over time.
     
  6. sethm1 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2014
    #6
    Feenician - thanks, that certainly helps.
     
  7. Feenician macrumors 68040

    Feenician

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2016
    #7
    Enjoy
     

Share This Page