Should I wait for the iPhone 8?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danielgiangle, Dec 3, 2016.

1. danielgiangle macrumors newbie

I recently ordered an iPhone 7 coming from samsung but I've heard alot of bad reviews of the iPhone 7 regarding battery charging time and clicking noises etc. I ordered it with a student discount so the deal is rather good(ish), still expensive. However, would it be wiser to wait for the iPhone 8 or is this the typical mindset " wait for the next iPhone, it will revolutionize the phone industry " and when it comes out it's a dissapointment and I tell myself wait for the next iPhone, it will be better and so the cycle repeats. Should I return it?

2. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

i will say this. on forums you will always hear the bad things/complaints more than the good. plenty of people don't have problems with their 7. its a good phone, i have a 6s and i was considering getting a 7 but at the moment i cant for other reasons. but the 6s is just fine and i like the headphone jack. if you're gonna wait for the 8 then you'll be waiting till probably September of next year, if your phone is fine and can last till then, its up to you. but the 7 is a great phone.

3. danielgiangle thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, I thought it would be released this spring (spring, fall,spring, fall - my english is not that good).

4. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

iPhone releases have been pretty stable. they always come out in September. I could be wrong about the next phone, but from the past few years it has been like that.

5. frank33v macrumors member

announced in September and lucky to get them by October/November/December LOL...especially if you need it to be carrier free.

6. bluespark macrumors 65816

I was about to say exactly the same thing as lakaiordie. You will always, always, always, hear negativity in a forum like this one. That will be equally true of the iPhone 8. Why? Because people with problems are more likely to post because they are seeking a solution, trying to find out if something they are experiencing is "normal," advocating for a change, etc.

Personally, my 7 Plus is (except for the missing headphone jack) a slam dunk. Zero issues, gorgeous screen, very satisfactory camera (though I expect this to improve even more with the 8). I highly recommend it. None of that, though, addresses whether you personally should order now or wait. Do you need a phone? Then yes, order and enjoy. Is your current phone pretty good? Then maybe wait just because months have already passed since the 7 was released.

7. Harmonious Zen macrumors 6502a

a guy like you is the perfect candidate for the apple upgrade program. get the 7 and then get the 8 when it comes out.

8. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

coolbreeze

The 7 is fine. Stay away from the hyper perfectionist internet and enjoy it. Or just wait in perpetuity. Beware though, no product will ever be completely flawless. Up to you.

9. danielgiangle thread starter macrumors newbie

Why??

10. Patron_Saint Suspended

Keep it and enjoy. This board is filled with whining snowflakes that nitpick things endlessly. Most issues are non issues blown out of proportion.

Ignore the entitled whiners and enjoy your phone.

11. Math889 macrumors 65816

I am waiting for the 8S !!!

12. Brandonjr36 macrumors 6502

I came from the galaxy s7 and I love my iPhone 7 charging time does take longer but the battery life it way better. And you can buy an iPad charger for it and make it charge faster.

13. freepomme macrumors 6502a

14. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Because you're debating whether to get an iPhone now or wait almost a full year for the next one. So you're the perfect candidate for getting one now and then upgrading to the next one in a year.

15. Jtludwig macrumors 6502

I would wait for the iPhone 9 or 10.

16. StayPuft Suspended

StayPuft

Nah bro, he should wait for the 11.

17. democracyrules macrumors 6502

Agree with freepomme post, for people who have not gotten iPhone 7 yet wait for iPhone 8 with major significant redesign externally and better improvement internally. iPhone 7 is a transitional phone to iPhone 8. Please do not get influenced by people who want you to get iPhone 7 especially if you are limited on budget. Please be patience, it is only 9 more months and you will get a better one. Save your money from now.

18. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

iPhones 7 is a good phone with great specs..I had bad experience with hissing noise. Twice. I can't afford to come back to Apple Store so many times...since iPhone 8 rumor has wireless charging..it might be cool to wait. Up to you.

19. geta macrumors 6502a

Waiting 2 years (7s & 8) for new phone it's just ridiculous. :D

Enjoy your new iPhone 7.

20. scotttnz macrumors 6502

Don't wait for the 8. If you read these forums you will know that Apple is DOOOOOOOMED! They probably won't make it to next September, so the iPhone 7 will be the last iPhone. Get one now while you still can.

21. macTW macrumors 65816

For many macrumors readers, that's the only way to think. They think Apple has a responsibility to "play Samsung" and have tons of new features each year, but only the features each individual person here wants.

I got the 7. It's fantastic. Go for it and be happy with it :)

22. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Are you unhappy with your current phone? If not, no reason to switch.

23. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Agreed. I have the 7 Plus and some people need to stop letting forum members make There purchasing decisions for them and just enjoy the iPhone for what it is. It's perfectly fine for feedback, but don't let it affect enjoying a great device.

24. Sunny1990, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016

Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

go for iPhone 6s plus you will save some money,iPhone 7 plus is not much a upgrade from iPhone 6s plus,or wait for Anniversary iPhone IMG_0235.JPG

25. Math889 macrumors 65816

U are waiting for a device that is RUMORED to release next year. And , if Apple releases the iPhone 7S instead of " the so rumoured iPhone 8"? U will be waiting forever. Just buy the 7 and upgrade whenever you want .