Should I wait in line on the ipad 3 launch day or wait

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hawaiian29, Feb 5, 2012.

1. hawaiian29 macrumors newbie

I was thinking wether or not to wait in line for 5 hours and get it on launch day but i hear the lines and people aren't worth it. So should i just wait a couple weeks til' i get it?:confused:

2. marc11 macrumors 68000

Since you have now two threads on this silly point I suggest you go wait in line now for a device which has not yet been announced to be released on a date not yet announced to ensure you are the first one in!

3. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

if you're not already in line for the "3" ... you've already missed out ... you should wait for the 4

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Splendid idea!!!

5. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

There's this thing called the internet...you use it to order stuff, then it comes to your door all by itself!! Amazing, I know.:D

6. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

100% agree ......

Love the internet. One can purchase and wait a little bit for it to arrive. No hassles. :D

7. FluffyPop macrumors member

Wait in line, you might just end up in a Samsung commercial :D

8. WLS, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012

WLS macrumors 65816

I'm probably going to wait in line at BB on March 16 but I am not expecting there to be long lines so I will be there around the set time to start selling. There have been enough iPads sold so that the novelty will not be as great but I am expecting the iPad 3 to be a major update and worth the wait. :)
    I know that there were people last year who ordered them and did not get them until the Monday or later. Since I sold my iPad in anticipation of getting the new one, I'm gonna want it as soon as possible.

9. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

I've never understood the "stand in line all night for a new product" mentality, so I'm going to say no - do not wait in line for a new product.

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

11. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

There were people last year who ordered them on launch day and didn't get them for a few weeks.

If the iPad 3 launch looks anything like the iPad 2 launch, there will be people still scrambling to find one two months later.

12. ChristianJapan macrumors 68040

ChristianJapan

Did it for iPad 1; couldn't do for iPad 2 as it got delay for sad reasons in Japan; will do it again for iPad 3 ... Just because my wife say that I'm stupid when doing it, I want her to be right :D

But I'm also like a little child on XMas: I just don't want to wait longer to get the device in my hands; that plus it's kind of interessting experience to line up. People watching can be fun, too.

13. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Haha, same thing happened to me in Japan. I was pretty much disappointed when I heard the news :(
    Hopefully this time around, the iPad 3 will be delivered on time:D

14. WLS macrumors 65816

No but last year the announcement was on the first Wednesday in March with availability on the Friday of the next week. I'm expecting the same schedule.

15. sim667 macrumors 65816

You only go to queue up if you want to be caught up in the the ridiculous hysteria of whooping and hand slapping.

16. ChristianJapan macrumors 68040

ChristianJapan

Try that excitement with your UPS or FedEx delivery guy ...

17. sim667 macrumors 65816

Our UPS guys just dump everything outside your front door, and if you ring up to complain just accuse you of lying.

If i ever actually see my UPS man I'm gonna give him the blurching of a lifetime.

We dont have fedex over here/

18. ChristianJapan macrumors 68040

ChristianJapan

Actually I can't complain about delivery here in Japan; they are very nice and service oriented; but still my iPad I want to pickup myself.

19. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

go to Apple.com, put in your pre-order whenever it goes live, and then you can wait to get your iPad on launch day in the comfort of your own home rather than being in some stupid line all night.

----------

ordering on launch day is not the same as ordering on the day the pre-order goes live

20. LeeM macrumors 6502a

while it does look to be an experience queing for apple products on launch day, i cant imagine id ever do it.
    if i want one ill pre order for a launch day delivery, or wait till theyre more readily available ive got my ipad 2 till then

21. WLS macrumors 65816

But wasn't the preorder day the same as the launch day last year? I seem to remember you could preorder in the early morning hours (after midnight) and the release time was 5pm for the stores.
    No preorders days or weeks in advance was the rule last year wasn't it?

22. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

23. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

why not? I don't want sammy's commercial to be disappointed.

Waiting in line for things are so american.. It's fun fun fun..

24. hawaiian29 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok number one calm down and number two whats the point in waking up one day and seeing a ipad 3 commercial so whats the fun in that its better to talk about the posibillities so stop being a kill joy and number 3 how did you find my 2nd thread are you stalking me or something?:mad:

25. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

There was no pre-order for the iPad 2.