Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
I don't really care about the space right now (I have about 4 GB of music) but I didn't know if there would be any other hardware additions like a flash, better camera, upgradable memory via memory card, etc. Does anyone know if MMS or A2DP will be software updates?:confused:

ALSO: How many apps can the iPhone/ iPod Touch hold? Cause on the Apple website, it says it can have up to 7 home screens so that would be 99 apps excluding the ones that come with it (like Maps, Stocks, etc.). Anyone have any firsthand experience here or know about it? Thanks (again)!

Wow, if you don't care about space then BUY NOW!! Don't even look back. I would bet my iphone on the fact that there will be no major additions until next summer at the EARLIEST!! (I'm leaning more towards Jan 2010). Memory is the only thing that might be updated before the summer.

Is it only 7 home screens? I thought it was 8? Regarldess, basiclally that means you can get 100+ apps.

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
I would wait until Jan. and see what happens. I gave away some information that I probably shouldn't have in another post. I was sworn to secrecy but trust me on this. Wait until Jan.

I thought you already made your decision! GO BUY the iphone!! Every moment you don't have it must be killing you! I promise you that you won't regret it.

There MIGHT be a 32gb iphone in january (stress on the maybe), but you never can tell. But even if this happens I don't think there will be a price drop on the 8gb or 16gb. I think the 32gb will just be $400. And you already said you don't care about the added memory.

Other than that possibility there will be NO MORE HARDWARE upgrades till next summer AT THE EARLIEST! It might be another full year! The 3g just game out not even 4 months ago!

I'm telling you, go get your new toy. You will NOT regret it! The waiting game is not fun.

Hawkeye411

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Canada EH!!!
Just buy it now and then upgrade every two years. And .... for the love of god ... don't upgrade before your 2 year contract is up .. no mater what Apple adds to newer iPhones. :D

vinay427

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Just buy it now and then upgrade every two years. And .... for the love of god ... don't upgrade before your 2 year contract is up .. no mater what Apple adds to newer iPhones. :D

Out of curiosity, why shouldn't I?:confused:

Hawkeye411

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Canada EH!!!
Out of curiosity, why shouldn't I?:confused:

Oh ... Apple will keep adding new features to try to lure you into making a purchase before it's necessary. It's just a complete waste of money if you upgrade before your contact is up. You will likely have to pay your cell phone company extra cash to end your contact early.

However, if your completely loaded, go ahead and "fill your boots". :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.