Should I wait?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by apple111115, Apr 5, 2012.

1. apple111115 macrumors regular

Hi, I plan on getting the new iPad later today. My question is, is there any reason I should wait?

Any defects or anything they plan on fixing (like the battery, if that even is a defect)?

2. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

3. rz-jacks macrumors member

bah, I say you go for it. Worst case you can return it after a week if there's something wrong and wait a little longer

4. mmf01 macrumors member

I was hesitant like you. I just bought 2 iPads and picked the best of two and returned the other to the Apple store. One was real yellow with adhesive issues on the bezel and the other was perfect expect the the screen was a tad bit warmer than ipad 2, but no where near how warm the returned unit was.

5. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

Go for it! It's awesome! And hey maybe you'll just get a perfect device.

6. nfl46 macrumors 603

7. William.Mantle macrumors 6502

You should wait. Wifi, screen and heat issues coming up over and over again

8. Zcott macrumors 68020

Only if you don't own one, it seems. Majority of people seem to have no issues.

9. sluggozmom macrumors 6502

sluggozmom

10. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

Life's too short. If you can afford it, grab it and enjoy it.

11. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

If you wait for complaints on forums to stop, you'll be upgrading on your deathbed

12. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

13. mattraehl macrumors 6502

Truth.

14. MacAuditor macrumors member

No, don't wait. Don't get the iPad at all... well, unless some completely new tech becomes available. LCD is no better than 1980's tech. The technology in the market today is about three decades behind.... Hopefully by year 2050+ we will have something that's actually worth a while.... like not having "backlight bleeds", color shifts, uneven whites, rainbow tints, etc etc etc.

Really, I suggest you don't buy it. You will regret with the screen quality. And you will find yourself you will get stuck with Apple and keep having to exchange over and over and over and over...... you will waste about good $200 worth gas.

----------

Nope, I guarantee you a thousand dollars, the iPad 4 will have same screen issues. The problem will continue until they drop production and build the plants over at Japan and get everything built by them... this would mean billions of dollars.

15. FMJPhoto.com macrumors member

FMJPhoto.com

^ Ignore this Moron

16. MacAuditor macrumors member

Yes, life's too short. I learned the hard way. Instead of spending all my money on Apple gadgetry I should have saved all that and get a high end audio speakers. You can't do anything with iPads anyway. You want to get some stuff done go get a Macbook. That thing actually works and get you the job done.

17. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Correct.

I would definitely wait for the iPad 4 with all the new issues discovered in the iPad 3rd gen. Or I would pick up an iPad 2 to get me thru the next year, it's basically the same thing performance-wise, if not, slightly better (I know this because I've actually sat down and tested both of my devices side by side).

18. MacAuditor macrumors member

Why? I'm trying to help him save money and all the trouble. This is brilliant suggestion. Learn from the experienced.

----------

All new issues discovered? You mean the screen issue? That's been going on since iPad 1. It just got worse over time. I guarantee you, iPad 4 will have just as much problem with the screen if not worse. I wouldn't get iPad 5, 6, or 7 either. iPad gen 38 might have something different.

19. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

Really? Crap!

*smashes iPad*

20. CandyNJ66 macrumors regular

Go for it! Buy a cover to protect it though! Open it in the store like I did and do the dead pixel test right there

21. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

yes, bc if you are already thinking about all the negative issues you are going to pick apart your ipad when you get it. you'll probably want to return it.

22. MacAuditor macrumors member

Really, you can't do much with that thing...

You can only play 1/30th of video types readily available out there... wtf is that? :p

You can't run and share files in uTorrent.

You can't download stuff and play files off them.

The built-in DAC is worse than the Macbook for audio.

You can't run VMware or Virtual PC on iPad...

You can't convert any files like you can do on laptops and desktops.

It runs slow like dirt compare to laptops and desktops.

It's no full function OS. You can't do **** with this thing.

It's heavier than the ipad 2.

It's thicker than the ipad 2.

It runs hotter than the ipad 2.

You no longer get neutral clean white whites on screen.

etc etc etc etc etc......

Word of advice, don't waste any more money on Apple. All you need is just one macbook laptop. That'll be it. Next, save money and get a nice set of quality speakers and amps. or / and go get a nice non-LCD TV screen.

23. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Wrong.

The heating issue, the battery life drains faster due to having to light up double the pixels, the time it takes to charge the battery is doubled, it's fatter, many users finding dead pixels, etc.

24. MacAuditor, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012

MacAuditor macrumors member

You are correct. It takes more processing power to display video with 4 times the display resolution, so more battery power is needed. The battery tech hasn't caught up for a such device with 2048 x 1536 res display. You can think of it as, inefficient, sort of like the good'ol day 3dfx Voodoo 5 video card. You saw how big those things are.... and pretty dang weak in video performance compare to nVidia. The efficiency is lacking in iPad 3. The fact that battery running hot and having poor battery life is already what's wrong.... Go look at Samsung Super AMOLED Plus tech. They run cool, and very efficient. It's a tech that's above iPad's IPS tech.

2048 x 1536 on an electronic pad is unnecessary. Look what's happening. The battery is crapping out already.:eek:

25. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

iPad 2 = greatest iPad ever created to date (and quite possibly tablet).