Should iWork come pre-installed or on the Mac Applications DVD?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by crmpicco, Dec 4, 2010.

1. crmpicco macrumors member

crmpicco

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a MacBook, so i'm new to the platform. I believe the main "office" type package is iWork which will open DOC, PPT and XLS files.

My question is should iWork come pre-installed or on the Mac Applications DVD? I have just loaded in the Mac Applications DVD and it seems to have "Macintosh HD" on it, which i've now installed. But no iWork.

Cheers,
    Picco

2. davidwarren macrumors 6502a

You have to buy it separately. If you need ms office, you can buy that for the mac too.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

You have to buy it separately (if you didn't). If you ordered it with your computer, then it should be on the computer. If you didn't order it, I recommend ordering it on Amazon ... I got it for $30 on Amazon

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Have a look in your Applications folder. You may have a demo version.

5. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

If you would like a free version of the iWork/ MS Office Suites, check out OpenOffice :)

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Not on a recently purchased machine. Apple stopped including any demo software, including their own, ~2-3 years ago.

EDIT: The demo is, of course, downloadable, though.

jW

7. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I'm not sure that I would call Open Office the free version of iWork, let alone MS Office.

Rather, I would say that it is an alternative worth comparing when making your decision on which product to purchase.