Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
After seeing iPads and iPhones turn on the same and really boring way with just a white Applelogo, i started thinking about how they could make it look alot better.
I find appreciating art to be fun. So I enjoy seeing a classy apple logo on a black background because it's pretty darn beautiful.

Based on some other products out there (TiVo, some game systems, older OS's with obnoxious startup sounds), those animations or wacky boot screens are more about hiding how long the startup process takes rather than providing "fun".

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Personally I would have no interest in a boot video. Why bother slowing the boot process down to animate some low-quality GIF?

Besides, it only takes, what, 20 seconds for an iP4S to boot. Ever reboot a BlackBerry? I used to have a BlackBerry Tour for work - depending on what software was being installed, it could take up to 7 minutes. Yes, seven minutes.

Nova Sensei

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2012
I'd like to be able to split the screen down the middle and run two apps consecutively in landscape mode. But I guess that's for another thread...

Nevzorus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 29, 2012
Well, i just want it to show somehow that it's still "working" and maybe show it with a percentcounter

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.