Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

urbanj

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2008
They have 800,000,000 users at last count. Good luck with your ban.

Since the upgrade announcement though and a move to completely FUBAR the site and all it's security protocals, i'm off of it completely and moved all my stuff to Google+.

I did just did this. I wasn't worried about my own security or privacy even though it was annoying the keep up to date on making sure people could only see what I want them to see. I hate the fact that there are so many people who no concept of privacy so their profiles are open to the world and I hate untagging blocking tags or asking for people to take things down.

Lol. I'm weird

Bob Maxey

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2011
I like Facebook. Over the years, I would occasionally ask Mr. Bing or Mr. Google to search for old friends I worked with or grew up with and to no avail. Literally years were spent trying to get in touch with some people.

Then I did two things: I joined Facebook and Linkedin. Within a few months, I not only found those I was looking for, but other friends I had forgotton about.

I think when used with a little common sense, these sites can do great things. Just do not tell your life story and give out personal info and these sites can be of great benefit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.