iPad Should've known it was too good to be true...

Kaye Star

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2014
USA
Thought it was a good deal...

I found what I thought was a really good deal, but it turns out the site is broken! There's no registration link and no way to purchase it. I'm still planning to get an iPad, but my heart did just sink a little. I guess that's what I get for being naive.:(

EDIT: Just to be clear, I am not asking for pity or sympathy! I'm just expressing disappointment.

Last edited:

Kaye Star

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2014
USA
You mean like if I'd ordered it and it turned out to be defective or such? I guess that's true. Better to be disappointed than out of nearly $500.

1k9

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2014
Bestbuy has ipad air for $75. off and the ipad air cellular for $105. off with no contract or strings attached. I bought a 64 today for $724 plus I had a coupon for 10 percent more off.

Kaye Star

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2014
USA
I know. Thing is I'm not so sure I'd be able to resell it if the iPad Air 2 really does come out in fall, though I admit $425 sounds good.

Kaye Star

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2014
USA
Consider yourself fortunate...that site may well be operating under a different name and ripping people off. Hope you get your IPad soon.
I wanted an Air, but I'm thinking about going for an iPad 4 for the time being. I'm looking with Google Shopping, and I found a 32GB one for $440 and a 128GB one for $535 (tax included for that one), and the store is marked as trusted. Hmm...

Last edited:

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I wanted an Air, but I'm thinking about going for an iPad 4 for the time being. I'm looking with Google Shopping, and I found a 32GB one for $440 and a 128GB one for $535 (tax included for that one), and the store is marked as trusted. Hmm...
I recommend trying out a 32gb Air from Best Buy. If you want to save more than $75, inquire about an open box. Usually there is nothing wrong with those, just the buyer deciding they did not want it.

They should let you inspect it first, just check for scratches and dings. In any event you have 14 days no questions asked to return it. Works out better especially if you are close to one than dealing with something shipped. That 128gb IPad 4 has me wary given that price.

triple-tap

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2013
Try macmall. I just bought an ipad 4 64 gb plus LTE for $489.00 including shipping and no sales tax. I think the 128gb wifi only ipad 4 was the same price

These are brand new models that are factory sealed with the full 1 year apple warranty.

Kaye Star

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2014
USA
I recommend trying out a 32gb Air from Best Buy. If you want to save more than $75, inquire about an open box. Usually there is nothing wrong with those, just the buyer deciding they did not want it.
That's what I'm doing. I'm getting it today or tomorrow.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
I know. Thing is I'm not so sure I'd be able to resell it if the iPad Air 2 really does come out in fall, though I admit $425 sounds good.
Of course you'll be able to sell the iPad Air in the fall. There is been a long, established history of older model iPads being re-sellable at very good prices, even after the release of newer models. You should get plenty of value for an Air when you sell it.

Plutonius

macrumors 604
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Bestbuy has ipad air for $75. off and the ipad air cellular for $105. off with no contract or strings attached. I bought a 64 today for $724 plus I had a coupon for 10 percent more off.
You lucked out then. Bestbuy.com list as the requirements for getting the $105 dollars off a cellular iPad Air as signing up for a month-to-month contract with a carrier.

I tried to order one online and it did require a contract to get the $105 off.

Last edited:

Count Blah

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2004
US of A
Of course you'll be able to sell the iPad Air in the fall. There is been a long, established history of older model iPads being re-sellable at very good prices, even after the release of newer models. You should get plenty of value for an Air when you sell it.
Expect the airs to sell for less than usual, because there will be a TON on the market after the air 2 comes with 2 gigs of ram.

1k9

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2014
I stand corrected now it changes the price, sorry

You lucked out then. Bestbuy.com list as the requirements for getting the $105 dollars off a cellular iPad Air as signing up for a month-to-month contract with a carrier.

I tried to order one online and it did require a contract to get the $105 off.

Last edited:

Kaye Star

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2014
USA
Why do you think a legit site will sell you a 128GB iPad Air for $479?

Did you bother checking out other page of the scam site digitalcomp.info? Great PDAs they got.
I have gotten very good deals (not on iPads) on legitimate sites before.

Yes, I did check out the other pages. That's how I eventually realized the site is broken/non-functional. I don't see how that site could scam anyone since there is no way to purchase anything.

----------

Never buy $500 electronics from a website that looks like it was made on Fiverr
I don't even know what that is.

Last edited:

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Expect the airs to sell for less than usual, because there will be a TON on the market after the air 2 comes with 2 gigs of ram.
We don't know for sure what the next iPad will even be named, much less how much RAM it's going to have. And the iOS 7 issues have been clearly demonstrated as bugs in the OS, not a RAM issue. So let's the put the scaremongering to rest.

Count Blah

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2004
US of A
We don't know for sure what the next iPad will even be named, much less how much RAM it's going to have. And the iOS 7 issues have been clearly demonstrated as bugs in the OS, not a RAM issue. So let's the put the scaremongering to rest.
of course no one knows the name, so get off you high horse.

If you think the next iPad will not increase the ram, then you are completely delusional.

So the tab reloads in safari are an iOS 7 issue and not a ram issue? Interesting perspective. I disagree 1000000%, because over a year of work on ios7 by apple, including 7.1 beta, does not fix this issue. An issue in the #1 consumption app on the flagship device that is intended to be the most amazing customer experience in the world. Sorry pal, bend over backwards as much as you want, it doesn't make the ram deficiency go away one iota.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012

If you think the next iPad will not increase the ram, then you are completely delusional.

So the tab reloads in safari are an iOS 7 issue and not a ram issue? Interesting perspective. I disagree 1000000%, because over a year of work on ios7 by apple, including 7.1 beta, does not fix this issue. An issue in the #1 consumption app on the flagship device that is intended to be the most amazing customer experience in the world. Sorry pal, bend over backwards as much as you want, it doesn't make the ram deficiency go away one iota.
I will wait and see how 7.1 shakes out but even so I may still end up returning the Air as it appears 4k tablets with Snapdragon 805s are right around the corner.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Relax, buddy. The only person on their high horse is the one who feel he's psychic and knows what the next iPad will have, and what it will do to resale values. So, get off yours.

So the tab reloads in safari are an iOS 7 issue and not a ram issue? Interesting perspective. I disagree 1000000%,
Being the math genius you are, I'm sure you're a great iOS developer, too. Show me some code that shows it's a RAM problem, and I'll start taking you seriously.

On the other hand, common sense would indicate that even a desktop browser shouldn't have trouble sticking to a gigabyte of RAM. And oh, look, it doesn't have a problem with that...

The problem is not RAM, pal.

----------

I will wait and see how 7.1 shakes out but even so I may still end up returning the Air as it appears 4k tablets with Snapdragon 805s are right around the corner.
I have to question the usefulness of a 4k display on even a 12 inch screen. I'm sure it'll make a great space heater, though. And the GPU/CPU power required to drive such a display while still on battery power will so not make it bog down...