Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Surfman

Suspended
May 24, 2021
Use the apple education store, they never ask or check for ID, got my iPad Pro magic keyboard from there, also returned it with no questions asked. ?

Reckon if you go through the apple education store for a 31" model or whatever size it’s going to be lol, you’ll be looking at $2700ish I reckon if not slightly cheaper.

Id go via the apple education store for a extra $100, see if you like it, if not return it and wait for the big boy. ??

Green, blue and purple looked stunning when I saw them at the apple store, if I had to pick, I’d buy both blue and green??
Good idea might do that, can get 16gb then too, bit hard to buy a 8 gb iMac when my iPad has 8 lol.

• Haha
Reactions: LFC2020

Surfman

Suspended
May 24, 2021
Smart move, hopefully shipping times is decent.
Haha, got the Good Guys one. Love it.

FF47E68A-7E07-4355-99B2-1DBEB8016108_1_201_a.jpeg

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
1. It doesn't look like that anymore. 2. I thought this was show off your iMac, not ask for a cis/straight/white mans ignorant opinion on what gender your set up looks like it belongs to. Take a seat and get some rogaine for that hairline before it's too late.

It's also a thread where people view, comment and, in some cases, critique various setups... I'd submit that he's as entitled to his opinion as is anyone else around this place. So, take a seat and grow some thicker skin or don some asbestos panties.

mj_

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2017
Austin, TX
It's also a thread where people view, comment and, in some cases, critique various setups... I'd submit that he's as entitled to his opinion as is anyone else around this place. So, take a seat and grow some thicker skin or don some asbestos panties.
Last time I checked likening a grown man to a "little girl" was considered an insult, at least by most western societies' standards (think of "he throws like a little girl"). So while I agree with you that a) everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and b) some people need to grow a thicker skin and stop getting offended by everything insulting or shaming others in public is uncalled for and unnecessary, wouldn't you agree?

Reactions: snakesayan

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Last time I checked likening a grown man to a "little girl" was considered an insult, at least by most western societies' standards (think of "he throws like a little girl"). So while I agree with you that a) everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and b) some people need to grow a thicker skin and stop getting offended by everything insulting or shaming others in public is uncalled for and unnecessary, wouldn't you agree?
I would agree with you that "he throws like a girl" could be considered an insult... but saying that a room setup or bling attached to a pink iMac "looks like a little girl's setup" could simply be an opinion (in fact, my 6-year-old granddaughter would absolutely love that setup) ... we don't know the intent of the poster who made that statement... so, lacking understanding and context of the poster's intent, grow thicker skin and move on. Let's all assume positive intent until the context and/or previous interaction shows it to be something else.

mj_

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2017
Austin, TX
Fair point. I don't necessarily agree with your assessment but I see and fully understand where you're coming from and what you're trying to say and I respect your opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: AZhappyjack

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
I would agree with you that "he throws like a girl" could be considered an insult... but saying that a room setup or bling attached to a pink iMac "looks like a little girl's setup" could simply be an opinion (in fact, my 6-year-old granddaughter would absolutely love that setup) ... we don't know the intent of the poster who made that statement... so, lacking understanding and context of the poster's intent, grow thicker skin and move on. Let's all assume positive intent until the context and/or previous interaction shows it to be something else.
This guy also criticized someone (do you use your iPad with your fingers covered in butter?) because his iPad screen had fingerprints on it (don't they all?). So...he's a bit judgmental. But reinforcing gender stereotypes is detrimental to men, women, and nonbinary human beings.

Some people just haven't mastered the ability to keep their judgmental opinions to themselves.

Last edited:

Lucas Curious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2020
1. It doesn't look like that anymore. 2. I thought this was show off your iMac, not ask for a cis/straight/white mans ignorant opinion on what gender your set up looks like it belongs to. Take a seat and get some rogaine for that hairline before it's too late.
1. little girl's setup as in "its cute"
2. you are assuming a lot here while diving into negativity and insults towards my skin color and sexual orientation.
3. as a straight white male I'm happy and confident about myself. The boys here in West Hollywood give me more attention than I prefer. I can make all the jokes and comments I like and no one gets offended. I've been helping gay friends through rough emotional times before you figured out you weren't a straight male.
4. You aren't a victim just because someone else is different than you and you don't have to make everything about your sexuality. You like Hello Kitty stickers on your Mac and thats cool. Own it. Have some pride. I'm a straight white male and I shave my legs and wear shorter shorts than you do.

Last edited:

Lucas Curious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2020
This guy also criticized someone (do you use your iPad with your fingers covered in butter?) because his iPad screen had fingerprints on it (don't they all?). So...he's a bit judgmental. But reinforcing gender stereotypes is detrimental to men, women, and nonbinary human beings.

Some people just haven't mastered the ability to keep their judgmental opinions to themselves.
I see the internet as a place for humor. My comments are written to make someone laugh. I often wonder if the guys on here are as outspoken about their feelings in the real world.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Waited quite awhile for the Yellow, but it was worth the wait. Couldn't turn down an iMac in yellow and gold after a decade+ looking at silver and black.

View attachment 1804281
View attachment 1804284
View attachment 1804285
I bloody LOVE the yellow one.
I think I’d take this over my red / pink, and any other colour for that matter if it were readily available at the time.

Having said that, I love my red / pink so I don’t mind, but the yellow is so great!
Nice set up.

DanTSX

Suspended
Oct 22, 2013
This.

Also, most of the people here are posting inviting, attractive, and well thought out set-ups. It is clear that the new iMac is attracting individuals who possess an eye for design. Even the butterchompers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.