Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Not sure if anyone can help.
Out of nowhere, my keyboard that came with my 24" iMac suddenly isn't responding.
I presumed the battery had ran out, but seemed odd since I've not used the Mac loads since I had it.

Anyway, I connected the cable and it came back on, so again, presumed battery had died.
I left it overnight plugged in, and the next day and since then, the keyboard doesn't work unless it is connected via USB.
I have tried turning it on and off, tried removing it from my BT devices and reconnecting but all that happens is it connects for a split second, then in the bluetooth menu it shows a yellow triangle and 'connection failed'.

I've tried Google, but nothing seems to have fixed it?

Any ideas?!

Allyance

Contributor
Sep 29, 2017
East Bay, CA
I spent the afternoon going through this thread looking at all the various colors and installations, and there are many beautiful homes and many locations the colors make sense. I went to the Apple store in Walnut Creek and looked at all the colors in person, and they look great. I am a retired IT/Communications Consultant living in a very modest and small home. I am afraid that I would tire of any other color than silver after a period of time, this will probably be my last new computer. I bought my current iMac used from a student returning to China 7 years ago, and it has served me well, I am also an Apple stock holder and the stock has gone up enough in the last week or so that I can get a new one. Looking forward to ordering one soon, Apple store was completely sold out. As far as those people who say they wouldn't buy one because of the bezels, lame excuse, they look great, just means I will get mine that much sooner.

NeonIbis

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2020
I am a retired IT/Communications Consultant living in a very modest and small home. I am afraid that I would tire of any other color than silver after a period of time, this will probably be my last new computer.
I chose silver... I love colour, but I have other colourful things in my (also small/modest) flat, and I like the computer being more neutral. But the grey/silver is pretty in its own right – and I love the light bezels!

Reactions: armandxp

Surfman

Suspended
May 24, 2021
For the those that haven't seen one, front on the you only see silver on the stand, it's white/grey border and chin..

D211BE79-8B43-474F-BAAF-304BA6C40488.jpeg

Last edited:

Warped9

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2018
Brockville, Ontario.
I believe this is the exact same silver Apple has been using for years and currently on other devices, such as certain models of iPad and MacBook are still available in silver. But this silver can look different depending on the texture or finish of the surface even though it’s all the same colour.

Surfman

Suspended
May 24, 2021
I believe this is the exact same silver Apple has been using for years and currently on other devices, such as certain models of iPad and MacBook are still available in silver. But this silver can look different depending on the texture or finish of the surface even though it’s all the same colour.
Correct for the foot, sides and back, chin is light grey no silver at all.

CVUSA

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
Reactions: thingstoponder

larzy

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2008
Denmark
Here’s my setup, a light grey IKEA table called Tommaryd (also available in white and black), a large Lenovo mouse pad and a black portable VP Flowerpot.

I probably should have gone with a white table but now it’s here and setup ?

Attachments

• AECAD58B-5967-4D56-8FF7-52742F7C7200.jpeg
    AECAD58B-5967-4D56-8FF7-52742F7C7200.jpeg
    248.6 KB · Views: 321

Bodhitree

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2021
Netherlands
Yeah, still very happy with my purchase. For me it was also the first desktop I’ve bought since 2005, so sixteen years in which my home machines have all been laptops. One thing I would say: I wish they would have included the iPad Pro’s selfie ultra wide camera with Center Stage instead of the normal webcam, the output of which I don’t find particularly impressive.

Reactions: Apfelblüte
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.