Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Relentless Power

macrumors Westmere
Jul 12, 2016
I saw on the Nikelab site that they still had the 38mm available, but the 42 went fast!

I do like that band and hope they sell it separate at some point. I really don't want a silicone knock off either. I much prefer the fluoroelastomer bands.

There definitely is no comparison to Apple's flueroastamer OEM bands compared to third party bands with texture.

Reactions: SDColorado

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
Just got a new toy today. Returned my SG stainnless steel and got this one. I like it a lot more. The bands look much better in my opinion with this model.

Attachments

• IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    337.3 KB · Views: 1,125

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Just got a new toy today. Returned my SG stainnless steel and got this one. I like it a lot more. The bands look much better in my opinion with this model.

i agree the SS looks great with metal and leather bands. I'm looking for a black leather band. Is that one the Apple or third party?

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
i agree the SS looks great with metal and leather bands. I'm looking for a black leather band. Is that one the Apple or third party?

It's the midnight blue Apple's leather one.
[doublepost=1493786820][/doublepost]Now I'm debating what sports band I should go now for my workouts. Not really a fan of the white one although it isn't too bad ....

Last edited:

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
It's the midnight blue Apple's leather one.
[doublepost=1493786820][/doublepost]Now I'm debating what sports band I should go now for my workouts. Not really a fan of the white one although it isn't too bad ....

aaaah ok, it looked black in the picture. Either its really nice I may pick up the black one unless I find a good quality replica on Amazon.

As for the sport band, when I bought my watch it came with the product red which is really nice, but I am really feeling that Nike lab band. I dont think Apple will sell it independently any time soon but I am hoping a third party one pops up.

Reactions: Bako-MacAddict

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
Bought a black sports band. Digging it !

Ps: I'm already done with my rings and it's barely 11:00 am hahaha. I did a 7.8 mile run this morning ! Feeling so accomplished:D

Attachments

• IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    261.3 KB · Views: 537

nieks

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2016
The Netherlands
Hm, though it's a nice watch, and it's a very nice band, somehow they don't seem to match. As if the watch is too big for the band, or the band too small for the watch. Makes it look like an iPad with a leather strap on your wrist...

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Hm, though it's a nice watch, and it's a very nice band, somehow they don't seem to match. As if the watch is too big for the band, or the band too small for the watch. Makes it look like an iPad with a leather strap on your wrist...

The band needs to be the width of the lugs. I've run across this same problem with third party leather bands.

Reactions: myrtlebee

Hayestackz

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2016
London
I personally like the look. The strap is no narrower than the apple nylon straps

Hayestackz

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2016
London
I think the band looks awesome with the Watch. I have a gold aluminum too and have been looking for a company that uses matching gold adapters-how do the monowear adapters look?
Thank you! They look very good. Not 100% but 95% there colour wise. Close enough to be happy with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.