Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shooter45acp

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2017
RI
Today’s band!

49378bbd163491f759a69269d7f2874b.jpg

Fedm

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2019
All the watch faces seem to be just Live Photos that are saved in your photos, is that the case for every watch face even the ones you posted here?
I’m not sure how it works but that faces are not just photos because you can see actual time and date. I use jingwatch app for downloading faces. It is like a shop where enthusiasts sell watch faces they made.
You have also to install that app on watch. After that you can activate the face you like from your iPhone.
You even can upload 3 or 4 faces to the watch and choose from them on the watches itself

Reactions: connivingclaire

phrekaru

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2017
Medellin, Antioquia
I’m not sure how it works but that faces are not just photos because you can see actual time and date. I use jingwatch app for downloading faces. It is like a shop where enthusiasts sell watch faces they made.
You have also to install that app on watch. After that you can activate the face you like from your iPhone.
You even can upload 3 or 4 faces to the watch and choose from them on the watches itself

How's the profile? You have to reinstall it every 7 days?

Fedm

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2019
How's the profile? You have to reinstall it every 7 days?
What do you mean by profile?
I do not reinstall anything
When you put your watch on the charging dock the the face changes to true Apple Watch face
After you take the watch from charging and put it on the only thing you have to do is open the Jingwatch app. By opening it the face your uploaded from your iPhone is activated. It is active until you take off your watch or open another app.
So the face is the app. But it works like the normal Apple Watch face.

phrekaru

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2017
Medellin, Antioquia
What do you mean by profile?
I do not reinstall anything
When you put your watch on the charging dock the the face changes to true Apple Watch face
After you take the watch from charging and put it on the only thing you have to do is open the Jingwatch app. By opening it the face your uploaded from your iPhone is activated. It is active until you take off your watch or open another app.
So the face is the app. But it works like the normal Apple Watch face.

I mean the profile for the iPhone app, does it expire?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.