Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Strictly

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2022
This is still a work in progress. Still have plenty left to do like mounting power strips, network switch, PoE injectors, cleaning up the cables, and I have plans to move to a 42" C2 OLED for the Studio. I use the Logitech Flow software to go between the two Macs with two of the Logitech Bolt USB Receivers (came with the new keyboard and mouse). I didn't want to sign into the work device with my personal Apple ID in order to use Universal Control.

L shaped sit/stand desk (VIVO 3 Leg Desk Frame, 330 lb limit, my wife did an amazing job making the maple top 24” deep 60” x 96”).
Personal Device - Apple Mac Studio - M1 Ultra - 20\64\32 - 64 GB - 1 TB
Work Device - Apple MacBook Pro - M1 Pro - 10\16\16 - 16 GB - 512 GB
(4) Apple Thunderbolt Displays (27" 2560x1440)
Logitech MX Mechanical Mini Keyboard (Tactile Switch)
Logitech MX Master 3S Mouse
Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Logitech Desk Mat - Studio Series
Sonos Beam (Gen 2) Soundbar
(2) AirPods Pro (One for personal use, one for work)

Attachments

• IMG_6501.jpeg
    IMG_6501.jpeg
    251.7 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
This is still a work in progress. Still have plenty left to do like mounting power strips, network switch, PoE injectors, cleaning up the cables, and I have plans to move to a 42" C2 OLED for the Studio. I use the Logitech Flow software to go between the two Macs with two of the Logitech Bolt USB Receivers (came with the new keyboard and mouse). I didn't want to sign into the work device with my personal Apple ID in order to use Universal Control.

Personal Device - Apple Mac Studio - M1 Ultra - 20\64\32 - 64 GB - 1 TB
Work Device - Apple MacBook Pro - M1 Pro - 10\16\16 - 16 GB - 512 GB
(4) Apple Thunderbolt Displays (27" 2560x1440)
Logitech MX Mechanical Mini Keyboard (Tactile Switch)
Logitech MX Master 3S Mouse
Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Logitech Desk Mat - Studio Series
Sonos Beam (Gen 2) Soundbar
(2) AirPods Pro (One for personal use, one for work)
Nice setup; once the cable management is complete it will look really nice.

How noisy are the fans on that switch, on the left?

Strictly

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2022
Nice setup; once the cable management is complete it will look really nice.

How noisy are the fans on that switch, on the left?
It really isn't loud. On my Apple Watch (take it for what that is worth), I'm showing around 30dB in the middle of the room, 50 dB right next to the switch, and about 33 dB from where I'm sitting.

Reactions: circatee

joshuabeg

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2022
Santa Clarita, CA

illitrate23

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2004
uk
My desk curves around me on each side, so I took a panoramic - it’s kinda messed with the proportions though.
Anyway, I think this is how I’m going to have the desk for a while at least.
Hopefully by Wednesday the ASD arrives and I can put it where the 7” screen is and stop using Remote Desktop from the iMac finally

FF9305D0-5F70-47CB-90DD-B8F56E07BD2D.jpeg

Apple Knowledge Navigator

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2010
I love seeing how people put their little toys/gizmos on top of the Studio.

It may sound strange but I think this highlights why the design of the Studio enclosure works. Not because it's a make-shift pedestal/shelf, but because the design is so unobtrusive and effortless, it just blends really nicely into any kind of environment.

People can talk all they want about aesthetics, about how Macs such as the trashcan 'look' incredible (despite flawed engineering...), but it's all besides the point - to me they just come off as too "in your face" and arrogant. The Studio on the other hand is a beast that doesn't need to flex.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.