Showtime Content Added To iTMS

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple added to the expanding list of television network content with cable network Showtime.

Now available for purchase by episode are Sleeper Cell, Weeds and Fat Actress. Shows are available in the same formats as other iTMS television downloads, either by season or by episode. Episodes remain US $1.99 each.

iTunes now offers content from ABC, ABC Family, Comedy Central, Disney Channel, ESPN/ABC Sports, MTV, NBC, Nickelodeon, Sci Fi, Showtime, SOAPnet, The N & USA networks.

GroundLoop

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2003
gregarious119 said:
It's nice to see the list going...but has anyone ever heard of those? Ah well...more power to Apple.
Sleeper Cell is an awesome show. If you like "24", then you would love this show.

Hickman

hyperpasta

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2005
New Jersey
Hmmmmm...

NBC's also added some exercise series inspired by "The Biggest Loser":confused:

Not exactly stellar content, but I guess it's better than none at all.

xy14

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2004
Minneapolis
I know that you can see gay guys naked on queer as folk; never seen the l word but that must be somewhat similar..

put those shows on iTunes.

edit: Looks like current sketches are on iTunes now also. LINK

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
xy14 said:
I know that you can see gay guys naked on queer as folk; never seen the l word but that must be somewhat similar..
Mmmm, I've never seen Queer as Folk, but it sounds really interesting. I wouldn't mind catching an episode.

dr_lha

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
gregarious119 said:
It's nice to see the list going...but has anyone ever heard of those? Ah well...more power to Apple.
Yes, I've heard of those shows. Perhaps you should buy a few episodes to try them out.

Come on Showtime, pick up Arrested Development and put it on iTunes! :)

Porchland

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2004
Georgia
Other new TV shows

In addition to the three Showtime shows:

"Saturday Night Live": A clip from this past week's episode. One two-minute clip for $1.99? Come on Apple/NBC. One two-minute clip for $1.99?

"The Biggest Loser" on NBC.

"Dragnet" on NBC. Is this new today? I had not noticed it before.

"Streetball" on ESPN. Again, I don't know if this is new, but I just noticed it today.

"Wonder Showzen." I have no idea what this is.

All the content is still from Disney/ABC, Universal/NBC, and Viacom/Paramount. Still waiting for Warner Brothers, CBS, Sony/Columbia and Fox.

Gasu E.

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
Brian Hickman said:
Sleeper Cell is an awesome show. If you like "24", then you would love this show.

Hickman
Sleeper Cells IS awesome. But it is a lot more complex and morally ambiguous that "24." It is BETTER than 24, IMO, but not for everyone.

fBaran

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2003
The-N

OMG Does this mean DeGreassi?! I'm 22, but man, I love that show! It's effing great! Oh, the drama of high school in Canada :)

balamw

Staff member
Aug 16, 2005
New England
DavidLeblond said:
What, no Dead Like Me? I miss that show...
Definitely topping the list for me too!

Unfortunately it has been cancelled and was produced for SHO by MGM, so it is very doubtful we would see it on iTunes.

Other shows that would be cool:

Penn & Teller's BS. (Equal Opportunity Debunkers).
Weeds (Just won a Golden Globe so it can't be all bad).
Family Business. (Very doubtful due to the content).

B

alywa

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2004
When is HBO gonna get on board?

Seems like HBO is really missing out. Man, they have some good shows.

Deadwood
Rome
Six Feet Under
Sex and the City
Sopranos
Carnivale (killed off way too soon)
Entorage
Curb your enthusiasm
Ali G
Oz

All of their original series are really good, and I could totally see people buying whole seasons (like they do on DVD) for a vPod... the 30-55 minute show format is perfect for on the go viewing.

Come on already, HBO!

-alywa

Thataboy

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2004
New York, NY
I have always been a massive Apple fanboy, from my Performa 636CD to my soon-to-be Intel iMac... but even I cannot get around these prices. $0.99 for a song you listen to forever, vs. $1.99 for a show you watch a couple or a few times tops? This pricing model leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

It seems to be a success though -- and while I am glad Apple is kicking butts and taking names, it gives credibility to the pricing model. :(

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
Why can't they first get the service right before they stack up on content and offer a decent resolution? Not even being able to watch them in full screen on the lowest screen res Apple offers sucks. Get a grip Apple and offer at least 1024x768. Better yet, offer wide screen. It costs more than DVDs and you can't even watch it on a TV...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.