SHSH blob question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lilrush, Jul 14, 2010.

1. lilrush macrumors member

Can I save them even if the phone is unactivated or not?

***Update*** - When trying to open Tiny Umbrella, I was faced with a "enter password to allow changes" window. Upon entering my password, the window popped up again and again in an endless loop.

This turned out to be a bug, as I restarted my iMac and the TinyUmbrella application all of a sudden worked perfectly.

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

All you need is your ECID. If TinyUmbrella won't detect it, you can get it by putting your phone in DFU mode and checking out the device in System Profiler (Mac) or Device Manager (Win) and enter it manually.

3. lilrush thread starter macrumors member

4. Darwing macrumors 6502

No you cannot if the phone isn't activated it hasn't released the shsh to the fw yet and not only that u cannot jb an inactivated phone

5. lilrush thread starter macrumors member

maybe the best question then is how to activate it lol?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What kind of iphone model and on what firmware?
    You can always activate it with an official simcard.

7. lilrush thread starter macrumors member

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why dont you use the microsim that came with it to activate?
    Or cut down any AT&T simcard to microsim size to activate it.
    It also activates with inactive/old att simcards.

9. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

This makes no sense and is untrue. You get your SHSH directly from Apple's server. You can get the SHSH without being jailbroken and for firmwares you've never installed on your phone. You don't even need physical access to the phone; if you sent me your ECID to me, I could get your SHSH.

ETA: You clearly still have no idea how the SHSH works. Perhaps you should refrain from answering questions about it until you understand more.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.

11. lilrush thread starter macrumors member

I think I got it activated. It turns on and allows me access to menu, I'm assuming this means it is activated?

12. swoosh0217 macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

I just did mine (iPhone 4) straight from the box,untouch ans was never activated before. How did I do it? Simple, by searching this forum...

13. lilrush thread starter macrumors member

Next problem: I try to use that umbrella software posted on planetbeings twitter and it just continually prompts me with "enter your password to allow umbrella to make changes". I put in my password and it pops up again. and again. It's a neverending loop, what have I done wrong?

14. swoosh0217 macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

Are u using Mac? Got that message as well and I type in the password associated to my mac. The username wa already populated with my name.

15. lilrush thread starter macrumors member

Yes I am using a mac, typed in my password many times, the application just wont seem to start....

16. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

@TheLatinist

Would you out of the kindness of your heart write a thread about the relationship between ECID, SHSH, Where the SHSH originally comes from and how we get it and use it, Apples server, Sauriks Server, and why you can't go backwards w/out SHSH.

Lot's of threads/posts/comments coming up lately about this. I've been able to piece together my understanding of it all.

You seem to have the best grasp on it and I would personally love to see the 10,000ft view of the whole thing.

Would also cut down on thread duplicates as well as questions such as these.

17. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Hmm. I will think about it. But then...I think I've already written about it somewhere.

18. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

would be nice to help people understand those relationships. Thanks in advance :D

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, it's now activated.

20. thep33t macrumors regular

but where would the fun be in correcting the dozens of threads on the same issue then?

21. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You need to copy the file to your desktop instead of running it from inside the .dmg.

22. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Saurik covers most of it. It probably could be simplified for general consumption though.
    http://www.saurik.com/id/12

23. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I saw the same problem today. i am also using a mac and seem to be a bug with the tiny umbrella software. I already had a previous version and had already saved my Shsh Blobs but was just trying to get the latest version of the APP. I kept getting the password screen popping up after correctly entering password. Gave up eventually and forced killed the install. Will try again later after doing a reboot.

Edit: copying the file to the desktop makes no difference I always do that anyway. Others seem to have had success with a restart.

24. lilrush thread starter macrumors member

Try completely closing the install, and reboot. Start fresh, open the dmg and drag the the tinyumbrella to your applications folder, and run it from there. It should ask you for your password no more than twice.

25. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

I just have to ask, make sure you copy the program out of the dmg enclosure before you run it - the issue that you described happened to me when I just didn't pull it out and put it somewhere else - was trying to save time.

I'm sure your issue is different though - Good luck :)