Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
Do you guys think it's possible to downgrade to Snow Leopard

You can only downgrade to whatever operating system your machine had when you first took it out of the box. For the rMBP, that means Lion, Mountain Lion or Mavericks, depending on when you purchased it.

goldsaint

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2011
You can only downgrade to whatever operating system your machine had when you first took it out of the box. For the rMBP, that means Lion, Mountain Lion or Mavericks, depending on when you purchased it.

Ok got it ! Thank you very much for the answer :)

dastinger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
I am almost sure that it's a bug. It does not happen on my 2007 iMac at all and that's because it's too slow to go to the grey screen before it should. On the other hand, on the rMBP it happens all the time. The other day, the screen did not only turn transparent (like in the picture) but I could still see a little bit of the top of the dock so I think that is enough proof that this is not a feature but a bug. I wasn't quick enough to reach for my phone to take a picture.

BuCkDoG

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2013
I am also experiencing this issue as well. Glad to see there are others out there that are enjoying this bug. I however would like it fixed as I find it rather annoying. Hopefully there is a fix in the works at some point.

kkkrisss

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2014
Did anybody manage to fix this without clean installation of Mavericks?
I have this bug too...

coldwaves

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2011
Did anybody manage to fix this without clean installation of Mavericks?
I have this bug too...

The only way I got this fixed is by a clean installation. Other things I tried, such as resetting SMC, PRAM, repair permission etc, does not help.

Another thing is that I got this very symptom when I upgraded to Yosemite today. This time, a clean install did not fix it. I have no idea why this happened and whether there is a simple to fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.