Sigh, dropped my iPad while it was in a NetBook sleeve

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Johnny Steps, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Johnny Steps macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

You know those Netbook pouches/sleeves with a zipper? Well I told my dad to hold it while I fixed something on my shoe and he let it drop on the top left corner and now it's smooshed a bit. My touch screen still works fine and everything looks new except for that... Corner.

So much for trying to keep my iPad safe. I never drop my electronics but my own parent can't even hold it safety for five seconds...

2. Mix1 macrumors newbie

3. Akack macrumors 6502a

4. KingJosh macrumors 6502

KingJosh

I never even let my girlfriend hold my valuables. You either care or you don't care. My friend slides his iphone along the floor to another person just so they can use it... I cradle my iphone 3gs for 2.5 years now without a mark on it. I don't even sit it on the desk without a cloth under it.

5. iapplelove macrumors 68030

iapplelove

U remind me of the movie" what about bob". Lol live a little

6. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

Look at it this way, you have one heck of a good excuse to nag now for a replacement.

While it is not much of an uplifting comment, it is at least something eh?

7. alexcf macrumors newbie

8. rkahl macrumors 65816

Wouldn't matter if they did have AppleCare + (it doesn't cover scratches or dents).

9. andross77 macrumors regular

Your dad only gave you life, you SHOULD complain that he made a mistake and gave your electronic a COSMETIC alteration that doesn't affect it's USABILITY or PERFORMANCE one bit. How DARE he?!?!

I suppose he could have not loved your mom and not loved the thought of having you so much and just not brought you into the world so that you COULD buy and iPad and have it dropped.

Yeah.....

10. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

Wow, well umm...

Quite the attitude you have there...

11. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I think if my dad did that he would offer to replace it. I would not let him, but he would at least try.

12. KingJosh macrumors 6502

KingJosh

Um, ever heard of OCD? I do live very happily. I just have different views from you obviously. Learn a little.

13. mrholder macrumors regular

I've got an identical dent on my laptop in the same place. I've also spilled water on the keyboard (macbook pro). Fortunately I quickly yanked the plug and had a rag sitting close by. Turned it upside down after drying it very quickly and let it sit for 36 hours before turning it on. Thankfully it was just water. I now have an iskin over the keyboard and never take food or drink near it, haha. Electronics can be ruined in a split second.

14. KingJosh macrumors 6502

KingJosh

I find it hilarious that everyone hates my comments yet 90% of the people posting here have smashed up their apple devices. Mine has not even got a mark on it in 2.5 years. Go ahead and hate on my comments but at least my device is not smashed after a few months. GO figure

15. iapplelove macrumors 68030

iapplelove

Lol obviously

----------

Actually I have owned every iPhone and 2 iPads with zero covers cases and screen protectors

And yet no scratches dents or accidents and I still manage to sleep at night.

16. Ieo macrumors 6502

Got a cute sister/mom/cousin/girlfriend/friend/etc?

Send her into the apple store with $100 and a low-cut top.

17. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

Well right now my iPad is not holding a Wifi signal and overheats like crazy. Maybe they'll replace it if I complain about that.

18. taipan61 macrumors 6502

lol...well you've got a 50/50 chance
    probably less once they see the dent in the corner :D

19. barkomatic macrumors 68040

He could choose to pay the $49 deductible and get a replacement. Applecare + now covers two incidents of accidental damage. That is, if he has Applecare.

20. rkahl macrumors 65816

Technically NO he can't.

What is not covered by AppleCare +
    (v) Cosmetic damage to the Covered Equipment including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports;

21. Akack macrumors 6502a

Thought Applecare+ covers 2 incidents of accidental damage if you pay the $ 50 deductible.

22. rkahl macrumors 65816

Yeah if the iPad stops working.

23. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I stand corrected -- but that's a rather ineffective provision. If one had a cosmetically wrecked, but functionally perfect iPad all they would have to do is intentionally break the screen to initiate coverage.

Before the keyboard moralists jump down my throat about dishonesty, fraud and integrity, etc etc I'm NOT suggesting the OP do this -- just that many people will and no one could prove otherwise. Why not just let people pay $49 and swap it out regardless?

24. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

No different than jamming on brakes in front of a car, forcing the car behind you to hit you, then claiming whiplash. The law shouldn't therefore say you are entitled to any money just because a few crooks might get away with it. Apple has no need to allow replacements for cosmetic damage just because a few "jerks" might screw the system.

25. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I don't need your analogy, since I stated quite clearly that I was not advising the OP to intentionally destroy his iPad to initiate coverage.

My only point was that I find it silly that one cannot use one of their two covered accidental damage incidents to swap out a cosmetically damaged iPad if they wanted.