Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RainCityMacFan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
NC
I have an iPhone 3GS with 6.15.00 running iOS 5 on AT&T.

That crap happens to be ALL the time. I can't make calls without it dropping or not connecting. It happened before the jail break but it not as bad this. Now every often it will drop signal rather than just the call. *sigh*

sinara

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
Did any of you guys try to downgrade to iOS 4.3.5 (or etc.), to see if that fixed the issue?
In my case it didn't fix anything... :confused:

chiefpavvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2008
My warranty was until Mid August.. so are you suggesting that I purchase an AppleCare box and try to activate it for my iPhone? BTW, when had you bought the AppleCare (not when you activated it), cause it might be that purchase date was before your warranty would run out, so they let you add it?

I bought it from a third-party reseller (for less than half Apple's price, haha) but yes, my official 1-year Apple warranty was still valid for another 45 days or so. It might be worth a shot...does your phone show as expired on Apple's Warranty Check site?

sinara

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
I bought it from a third-party reseller (for less than half Apple's price, haha) but yes, my official 1-year Apple warranty was still valid for another 45 days or so. It might be worth a shot...does your phone show as expired on Apple's Warranty Check site?

I checked it here and it says:
  • Registered
  • Telephone Technical Support: Expired
  • Repairs and Service Coverage: Expired
So, am I SOL? :eek:

Oh, additionally, seems like the 3G signal issue is a known issue since before iOS 5... https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3386452

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.