Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Nope! Removing those hasn't fixed the issue

Do you think you can use the phone in mobilesubstrate disabled mode for a day? (Boot up the phone while holding the volume up button)

Just want to see if it's even a tweak related problem or not

Aidy06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2011
Do you think you can use the phone in mobilesubstrate disabled mode for a day? (Boot up the phone while holding the volume up button)

Just want to see if it's even a tweak related problem or not

Haha! I'll try but doubt I'd be able to live with it in safe mode for even 10 minutes never mind a day, I'm throwing the towel in.

It's definitely JB related as I restored my phone last weekend to go the Genius Bar and it didn't do it once.

SD-B

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2009
Not JB related

Just to let you know, its not JB related, at least it can't be as I have given my iPhone to the hubby and I restored it and never JB it for him.
He just wanted a phone to ring and SMS upon.

Ive seen this happen a couple of time and its always within about 36 hours of using a Nokia bluetooth headset in his ear.

Remembering that he does not do much with this phone at all, besides answering it, sending me texts, sending me GPS settings of where he is in an app called Glympse and occasionally he will use this Nokia ear piece.

I saw it happen last sumer 3x when he used the but it always corrected itself.
He used the Nokia thingy for the first time since last summer yesterday and this morning there it was again.

No way to fix it that i know of but because he doesn't put many apps on it and its not JB I can easily restore it back to normal.

I also think its just under a year old and am going to look up my receipt and if so, see if they will give him a new one or a refurb....whatever....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.