iPhone X Silver or Space Grey Iphone x

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fitgirl, Feb 12, 2018.

1. raqball macrumors 68000

raqball

Before buying mine I went to 2 different AT&T stores and the Apple store to play with them. At both AT&T stores the phones were in terrible shape. One would not even power on and at the other store the back of the phone looked like someone had taken a sharp object and intentionally scratched the living crud out of it. The ones at the Apple store were in better shape but there were a few with minor cosmetic flaws.

While I was there, a kid was playing with an Apple TV and he dropped and shattered the Apple TV remote. His mom quickly picked it up, put it back on the shelf and shuffled him away. So yeah, these things get abused while they are on display.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Do you have any idea how abused and how much the space gray iPhones are handled at an Apple Store? Their handled likely thousands of times a week. You cannot compare a demo model space gray iPhone X any other space gray iPhone X with somebody that actually takes care of it on a daily basis.

3. DevinNj macrumors 6502

Not to jack a thread, but pretty much every year since "bendgate" was an issue w the 6/6+, I've seen idiots in the stores trying to bend the iPhones, intentionally scratching the phone w keys, and banging them against the tables. Personally I think it's disgusting.

4. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

right. so it's probably a good representation of what your phone will look like in 1-2 years time.

5. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

:rolleyes:

maybe, just maybe, some might look like that in 2 years. But this is an apple forum, and ppl here take great care to iPhones they own. It wouldn't look like that even if they used it for 40 years.

6. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

No, it’s not. That’s a poor generalization on your behalf, Which is not true If one takes care of their iPhone and doesn’t treat it like a demo iPhone that has been used and abused in Apple store, it will look nothing like that, especially most resell their iPhones as well. There are customers who literally try to damage the demo iPhone to see how durable it is. No one I know treats A thousand dollar iPhone X with the intention of purposely abusing it the way to customers do with demo iPhones.

7. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

yes it's not a poor generalization.
    A poor generalization is saying people go to the apple store just to wreak havoc on the phones. they don't baby the phones but more often than not, they're just handling it like a phone should be handled. aka, not like how we macrumors forum members treat our phones - like little babies.

once the novelty is over, say in a year or two, you'll start using these phones the way they're meant to be used. and then you'll see that the phones will hold up quite closely to the phones that you see in the apple store today.

Seeing phones/devices in the apple store is a good gauge on how the devices will hold up in the years ahead.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

No, anyone with common sense that spends that kind of money on an iPhone, likely uses some type of protection or case to protect the iPhone. It’s not just MacRumors forum members that treat their iPhones like “babies”, that’s just pure logic that nobody abuses their iPhones the way they do in an Apple store. If you think the average space gray iPhone demo model Resembles the typical iPhone use by a consumer on a daily basis, then you’re just being ignorant about the situation.

Another poor generalization. “Novelty” doesn’t apply If the phone has protection, they won’t look any of those phones used in an Apple store. I’m not sure what you’re trying to prove, but I can tell you from all the iPhones I have used over the years, none of them resemble a demo iPhone used in an Apple store. You’re trying to speak for the majority, when that is not likely how most iPhones will look at all, especially given resale value.

Completely false. If somebody’s using protection on the phone, it will likely look nothing like those phones, because those demo phones are not handled properly and intentionally abused at times. Not to mention, those demo phones are handled thousands of times a week. Most consumers don’t treat their phones like that, even if they don’t use a case.

If you have somebody that doesn’t use a case on their phone and is neglectful with it, then perhaps it might resemble a demo phone. But we know the majority of iPhone owners likely use some form of protection or another to protect the device.

9. DevinNj macrumors 6502

Yeah but no. Saturday I ran into Verizon to check out the X again and I watched a couple of kids (late teen/early 20's) next to me, the one kid was rubbing his HS ring all over the screen, the sides and the back when he thought nobody was watching. Sorry but here goes your theory.

10. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

I guess we'll see in a year's time, or two. mark this day two years from now and look at your space grey iphone x then.

I'm willing to bet most people's launch day iphone X will look close to how the phones in the apple Stores look today.

That has been the case ever since I bought my first ipod video, the first iphone, and it will be the case today with the iphone x. there's nothing magical about my way of gauging wear and tear.

11. lynchdavidh macrumors member

lynchdavidh