Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silver vs Space Grey, which is the nicer colour ?

• Silver

Votes: 116 49.2%
  • Space Grey

Votes: 101 42.8%
  • Neither, I’m waiting for the Pro to be released in Fingerprint Midnight

Votes: 19 8.1%

• Total voters

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Odessa, FL
My last macbook pro was space grey. It was nice at first because of the novelty but after that wore off it just felt kind of meh. It is neither as nice as a darker color or as "clean" looking as a lighter color.

So silver it is. If they came out with a midnight color for the pros or made the space gray much darker (the way they did with the most recent iPhone slate gray) that would be nice.

Same here. I was pretty jazzed when I got my current MBP in Space Gray but I'm so over it. Currently considering getting the base 14" M2 MBP (maybe bump it to 1TB) in Silver but would really prefer Midnight. I was going to get an M2 MBA in Midnight, but I think at this point, getting the MBP would be the better move. Maybe MBA next time.

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
I prefer the Space Gray - primarily because the Silver reminds me of the old Intel days when the MBP lids still had the glowing Apple Logos. If the new Midnight color had made its way over to the Pros though, I'd have jumped on that in a heartbeat.

rexandranger

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2021
I definitely prefer silver, because I'm having a dell latitude for gray belonging to my company. Sometimes it doesn't make me happy, I wouldn't say a lot about the detail, space grey reminds me of this machine...

LewyLewyLewy

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2023
I've had a silver MB Pro, Space Grey MB Pro with Touch Bar and now gone back to a Silver M2 Air.

Silver, classic, timeless, and just lovely!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.