Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
I didn't even know this was a thing. Googling.

Edit: yep, looks like it was supposed to be today. They're probably at the mercy of apple though. Looking forward to this one.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/news.asp?c=5805821601&pk=73281501

Edit 2: I can't actually find a specific reference to an iPad version, just mentions generic "mobile" platforms. Maybe someone has another link handy.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
These forums are meant for questions and discussions about iPad apps. Thats exactly what the OP did. Now go away.

What the heck are you even talking about? When you figure it out, let us know.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
What the heck are you even talking about? When you figure it out, let us know.

I'm sorry. I thought you were telling the OP to go and google it. Now I see that you were googling it. My mistake. Sorry, I just hate seeing people on forums telling people to go search when they are just asking for help.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
Nah, I don't bother with that kind of stuff, I tend to be snide in other ways. :) I really am exited about this one, it's one of the games I always posted in "wish list" threads and I didn't know it was in development. Hope it really is optimized for iPad.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Nah, I don't bother with that kind of stuff, I tend to be snide in other ways. :) I really am exited about this one, it's one of the games I always posted in "wish list" threads and I didn't know it was in development. Hope it really is optimized for iPad.

Yeah, I am excited too. I never thought I would like it on the small screen of the iPhone, but on the iPad it might be pretty cool. I was googling it also:D, and it sounds like the Simcity in the app store now isn't actually too bad on the iPad. For 3 bucks I'm tempted to try it.

Petey-ed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 17, 2009
We rule has not been a good replacement for me. I'm really hoping for this one sooner than later. I just tweeted @eamobile if they know the release date.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
Keep us posted. I couldn't find anything on EA's site and I haven't been able to track any of the news articles back to a press release.

To the OP: did you ever see something explicitly stating this would be for iPad? I just see 'mobile' in the articles I can find, which makes me think it's an update to the existing SimCity mobile (multi platform) version. Don't get me wrong, I think they'd be idiots not to make an iPad version. Then again, this is EA.

On the bright side...I realized I had never looked at the iPhone SimCity app, because I was getting it confused with the Nintendo DS versions, which I never looked. Trying the iPhone version at 2X for now, looks more like what I had in mind.

JaredStrauss

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2007
I hate the fact that this is not going to be a universal update along with the rest of EAs apps...I'm guessing 9.99 after I already bought it for the iPhone.

Petey-ed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 17, 2009
I hate the fact that this is not going to be a universal update along with the rest of EAs apps...I'm guessing 9.99 after I already bought it for the iPhone.

This is a whole new game that's suppose to be modeled more like SimCity 4. Its not a scaled up version of "SimCity" for the iPad.

I don't like buying "HD" versions if I already have the iPhone version, but now I'm either going to buy a game for the iPad or for the iPhone, but not both.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
This is a whole new game that's suppose to be modeled more like SimCity 4. Its not a scaled up version of "SimCity" for the iPad.

Sorry to keeping hammering this question, but do you have any links where it's stated it's for iPad? (I've tried a little googling (see upthread) but couldn't immediately turn anything up, just the word 'mobile'.)

creid

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2010

Attachments

• simcity-deluxe-iphone.jpg
    simcity-deluxe-iphone.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 11,205

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
Looks nice but that article only mentions iPhone.

I have never been able to find a single article, anywhere, that says there's a SimCity coming for iPad.

I'm not saying it won't happen--they'd be beyond stupid not to--just that it's not possible to prove it right now.

creid

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2010
although dude does write -

With iPad launching well ahead of the game's summer release, we're curious if SimCity Deluxe may also feature enhancements that take advantage of the device's larger screen. :D

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
EA, here is a blank cheque with my signature on it. I will pay anything you put down for a good version of Sim City on iPad.

And while w're at it, Ubisoft, get on porting Heroes of Might and Magic II on it too. And Fallout classic as well.

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
I'm not too hopeful that SimCity for iPad will meet my expectations. I was pretty disappointed with the iPhone version. I mean, it was decent in its own right and certainly the best yet for a phone, but was lacking on the transportation side of things, which happens to be the aspect I enjoyed most in the original PC games. There were no freeways or diagonal roads, and traffic volumes were low even when I had lousy roads. There was really no challenge there. Also, there was no terrain and no map customization (water, etc).

It just ended up not appealing to me. Hopefully the ipad version adds dome of this back.

Thedeathbear

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2010
EA, here is a blank cheque with my signature on it. I will pay anything you put down for a good version of Sim City on iPad.

And while w're at it, Ubisoft, get on porting Heroes of Might and Magic II on it too. And Fallout classic as well.

I'd love to see Fallout as well.

Streethawk

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2010
Manchester, UK
I'm not too hopeful that SimCity for iPad will meet my expectations. I was pretty disappointed with the iPhone version. I mean, it was decent in its own right and certainly the best yet for a phone, but was lacking on the transportation side of things, which happens to be the aspect I enjoyed most in the original PC games. There were no freeways or diagonal roads, and traffic volumes were low even when I had lousy roads. There was really no challenge there. Also, there was no terrain and no map customization (water, etc).

It just ended up not appealing to me. Hopefully the ipad version adds dome of this back.

You've just given me a thought, Transport Tycoon for iPad... THAT would be really great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.