Simple reason to speculate why video recording will come with the new hardware...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TwoBytes, Mar 17, 2009.

1. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

because it's new hardware! If the 2g and the 3g iphone will have the new software, what reason will people buy a new iphone? more memory? I can live with my current one. Apple have to offer something extra, a marketing ploy, a trick, something to get us to by this year's iphone....and that reason i believe is video recording. They haven't announced yet as they want something left up their sleeve to pull out. We have enough to chew on. This is the one more thing

discuss.

2. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

Or zoom/better camera. But I agree, I think they'll need something big with new hardware to get people to upgrade. So either a big hardware update, or none at all. That's my thought.

3. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

I wouldn't have thought it was hardware limitations stopping the use of video recording. Also, there are many other things that could be used in this same sense other than video recording. In fact, it would be kinda embarrassing seeing a new iPhone TV ad showing off the iphone doing something that many other phones have been able to do for years.

4. TwoBytes thread starter macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

yep, i accept there may be no hardware upgrade for the iphone. That would be a bummer but a strong possibility as 3.0 is a big jump and enough 'sell' from apple. It looks to me either a hardware upgrade ie a camera or no iphone release!

5. michael31986 macrumors 68030

apple will not make a new iphone just to have video recording. that isn't a big selling point at all. video recorders on phones are always crappy. no one will spend 200 for an iphone to record crappy videos.

i think 3.0 is the new iphone in disguise and no new iphone, besdies memory bump will be released this year.

6. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

In the Qand A didn't they basically say it wasn't a hardware session today?

There will be a hardware upgrade. But that comes in a few months. No point spoiling the hardware surprises...
    They're on a yearly update cycle. Do you think they'll leave it for another 15 months?? Heck, even 6.5 might be out by then...

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

All I can see for new iPhone is more memory, 3.5G support and video call support (however, I'm not so sure about this one since the new software mentioned had no sign of video conferencing app, but I did see live streaming, so that's a small hope.)

New case design probably, with all the different case pics floating around I'm getting positive on this one.

8. nathanj.massey macrumors newbie

My prediction?

- Bigger capacities, 16GB and 32GB.
    - Much better camera, able to read barcodes (like the G1) and video recording support.
    - Second front-facing camera for video-conferencing to other phones or computer via iChat.
    - Better battery and processing power to support above mentioned features.

9. iansilv macrumors 6502a

I think you are spot on with all of the above. I would also add:

Quad core arm processor (i guess you included that above :) )
    higher resolution screen- 800 by 480

10. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

Are you talking about when the question was brought up about 'flash'?

That's what I was thinking as well. They kinda hushed that one up real quick. :D