Simpsons Movie

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Telp, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I dont know if anyone here has seen it. I just saw it on the news, but people are making this big deal about frontal nudity on an animated cartoon without making it an R rated film. I think that people make way too big a deal about evverything. What does everyone else think?

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

south park routinely has nudity on in cable. In the first or second atheist episode they showed richard dawkins and mrs. garrison going at it pretty wildly ... oh yeah and the more recent 300 parody with scissoring....

I think you're right ... who cares?

3. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

Ah man yes what a great episode that one was.

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Everyone has seen Homer topless already what's the big deal.:p

5. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

i dont know the big deal, but i was watching it on the news and they were like, "so we sent out a poll, who of you out there would let your child see this movie" and im thinking whats the big deal!? so thats what im trying to figure out. Society is so wierd.

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I don't see what the big deal is if someone doesn't want to see it then they shouldn't but no one is making them see it.

7. TheBobcat macrumors 6502

TheBobcat

The Simpsons Movie will only be good for finally giving a tangible moment when the Simpsons jumped the shark.

Before it was just somewhere around the 9th season.

8. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

9. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

This country is too puritanical for its own good. Travel would be an effective antidote, but the country is so large that even that is difficult (except in border states). Go to any European country and you will not be able to escape female nudity in advertising. I even saw a man completely strip on German tv once (he asked "I wonder what will happen if I take all my clothes off." After he stood there, exposing it all for 10 seconds or so, he said "Nothing" and the skit was over). If American children were exposed to this, they would not wither and die, contrary to what the religious right would have us believe.

10. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

When I was in Europe it was hard to avoid all the commercials with man-ass. I was really disappointed women were so disproportional to men. It was really different, but nothing too weird. I guess since it was mostly men, it seemed not very sexual.

This is cartoon man-ass, its not like his junk was flopping around.

11. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT... I havent seen the film, I havent heard about this nudity thing in the news or anything. The only thing I have heard is what I have just read here. So let me get this straight... people are pissed because Homer has is ass hanging out?

So why is it ok for Bart to regularly get his 9 year old ass out and draw on it on prime time TV?

Seems theres a lot of peadophiles who just dont find Homer sexy.

Oh and what about when Homer films Ned in the shower and blocks out his schlong?

12. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Uproar over homer baring his rear?

Thats moronic.

13. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

14. fimac macrumors member

This reminds me of a (possibly apophrycal) tale of a letter in an Australian newspaper, paraphrasing the sentiment "Britain may have sent her convicts to Australia, but thank God she sent her puritans to America!"

America is a truly amazing place, but the controversy that a nipple can cause often, well, amazes us Europeans :)

15. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

i think people are just shocked to see nudity in animation as it looks like it's the first time it's been done (at least in the states). i know there is a bunch of anime in japan that is banned/censored in america because of nudity, so seeing it in animation is not new.

that's all i'm going to say about this.

16. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Nudity is good... in fact better if it's in a cartoon or I am Curious, Yellow.

17. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

Hmm you know, I didn't have high hopes for this movie and up until now I kinda expected it be the death rattle for the series... but after seeing some of the newer trailers I'm actually getting a little bit excited about this.

18. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Not sure how we got here from frontal.

I suppose it isn't the end of the world, but there are some salient issues involved. If, instead of minor Bart displaying his kibbles and bits it was minor Lisa or adult Homer, what would the response be? From my understanding, the scene is a skateboarding Bart being a "cool rebel" (I don't remember ever thinking skateboarding nekkid was cool, but whatever). The associated sexuality isn't there, but we should ask how much more we permit from animation versus live acting. How would we react with a live action Bart? What if the nudity were sexual?

19. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

haha good episode, my understanding from the news was that it was frontal nudity from bart! AHHH :eek: i know disgusting they shouldnt even put that in theatres :rolleyes:

20. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

No big deal

What is a bigger deal is that the movie will be HORRIBLE! The Simpsons has been in a steady decline for the past 5 years. They have milked almost every possible plot, and its easy to see they are having problems coming up with fresh ideas after 300+ episodes.

21. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Isn't Matt Groening the one who wrote the script? I think it will be good.

22. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

23. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

24. brownie macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

is this what everyone is talking about??
    it isn't that bad. i have always found that americans are very strict with nudity and censorship etc but in australia no one cares as long as they are warned what the content is and the rating of it is. you can say the f word on autralian tv. in the lastest justin timberlake video where it says f@#k over and over agin not one beep or censor and this is like at 12 pm and 3 pm in the afternoon.

25. johnee macrumors 6502a

johnee

I completely agree.

On the nudity thing, what about the Team America puppet romp... that was one of the funniest things i've ever seen. Was that movie rated R?