Sims 3! *gasp*

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by bbbensen, Mar 22, 2008.

1. bbbensen macrumors 6502

So I just heard about Sims 3, and it looks quite amazing! The graphics are more improved, and the sims look less cartoony! The best part is that you still controll a single family, but instead of it on a lot, its in a town. The sims that you arent playing as grow and live even when you dont have controll. It looks awesome.

I have been a big Sims fan for a long time, and cant wait until Dec. 09. Here is some linkage - http://thesims3.ea.com/

DISCUSS!

2. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

3. luffytubby macrumors 6502a

luffytubby

I think it looks like Sims 2... alot. The character models are very dissapointing.

4. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

If they've changed it so you don't have to spend all your time just keeping the Sims alive (Eat, damn you, eat! Quick find someone to talk to... oh, you wet yourself. Damn, schoolbus, go go go) then I'll be very happy.

5. Mercuric Oxide macrumors 6502

6. King James macrumors member

7. 119576 Guest

What else is there to do?

I never quite understood The Sims.

8. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Yeah but EA doesn't make it for Mac so I'm kinda pissed.

9. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Ugh, Dec 09?

That's way too far away to be getting excited about, on the other hand, Spore is coming this very same year in only a few months! Now THAT'S something to be excited about.

10. MacHipster macrumors 6502

11. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

I might give this a go in TWO YEARS TIME! For Feck sake! "More realistic"? No! I think It's Sims 2 with a coat of glitter. Anyway, there's only TWO YEARS to wait!
    The thing I'm most looking forward too is the iPod touch 2.0 update and games for it!

12. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I agree.

Spore > The Sims.

13. ::Lisa:: macrumors 6502a

::Lisa::

Looks pretty darn cool. I do hope they make it for Mac at the same time as they are planning to for Windows.

14. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

Looks good. I used to be addicted to The Sims (Original) a few years ago, but I never managed to get Sims 2 because my computers weren't good enough to run them, I don't think (It was back before I was a nerd, haha).

Might get this but at the end of the day, it's going to be loads of money spent on expansion packs, etc. just so that they can be replaced when Sims 4 comes out, which probably won't be much different either.

Plus it will be scarily similar too real life soon.

15. silbeej macrumors 6502a

I enjoyed the original Sims, however i found that the Sims 2 was too detailed and there were too many personal things to do with your mouse. Also, the in game time was paced too fast to do everything that you would do in real life. But then again, thats just me.

16. bbbensen thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea, its going to be a while.......
    Since spores comming out, we will have something to play with. I cant wait to have a game that is released at the same time as the PC one.

17. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

I don't really see why spore is so amazing It doesn't look that great to me am I missing something.

18. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Yes.

19. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Oh well that's ok, I have already spent enough money on games they are way too expensive.

20. Bexy 1239 macrumors newbie

Omg?!

are you kidding me? they aren't making it for mac? that's a bit ****... uh, i reckon they will make it though, once they've made it for pc first. they can't do everything at once.

21. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Keep in mind, they're still working on it. It will probably look much better for the final release.

22. Macnoviz macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

23. bbbensen thread starter macrumors 6502

EA never makes the Sims games for mac. The games are ported by Aspyr.

(Well, now that I think about it, EA games makes the games, only for PC. Then Aspyr as the job of porting every thing over to Mac, so its kinda a combo.

24. simsfanatic macrumors newbie

Coat of glitter is exactly it. The characters look worse (in my opinion) than The Sims 2! Looks like something I won't try. :rolleyes:

25. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

I have the Complete Collection of Sims 1, which I still love. I haven't picked up Sims 2, mostly just because of cost, but maybe I'll get it if they do a bundle in the future with more expansion packs (I love the expansions). I'd almost like to see a new SimCity more than Sims 3, but that's just me.