Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
It's silly, but I've always liked these little "skill" games on computers. Always liked computer golf even though I hate the real thing. Think I'm going to have to give this a shot.

I love these little games too. And I love Apple iQuiz--even though I suck!

BrownManUPS

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Denver
Should be good

I loved Sims Bowling, so this should be just as good. Plus I play Yahoo! Pool all the time, so this seems very similar to it.

iPhone should get these with network play.

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
Whoever did the currency conversion there is way off.

Live rates at 2007.07.31 01:26:33 UTC
3.99 GBP = 8.10391 USD
United Kingdom Pounds United States Dollars
1 GBP = 2.03105 USD 1 USD = 0.492355 GBP

It's not a currency conversion, the UK Store charges £3.99 for the game.

I've played pool most my life and usually enjoy these games, so I'll probably give it a go.

BrettArchibald

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2007
I can't even download the game! :confused:

I added "The Sims: Pool" to my Shopping Cart, then went to my Cart to buy and download the game I had just added.
When I looked at the item listed in my Cart, instead of the usual "BUY" button I would normally see next to the item, I can only see a "VIEW" button.
Clicking on the "VIEW" button gives me a message which says:
Your request could not be completed.
The item you've requested is not currently available in the UK Store.
This makes no sense as I was in the UK Store when I viewed the game and when I added it to my Shopping Cart. I was also logged into my iTunes Store Account, which I could only do if I was in the UK Store.
Further problems appear when I try and remove the game from my Shopping Cart, by clicking on the remove "X" button next to the listing.
Clicking on this gives me an error message which states:
Could not remove an item from your cart. An unknown error occurred (1011).
There was an error in the iTunes Store. Please try again later.

I thought maybe this was just some "teething trouble", seeing as though "The Sims: Pool" has only just been released today, but I tried adding "The Sims: Bowling" to my Shopping Cart a short while afterwards and I am having exactly the same problems.

As a test, I even tried adding a couple of the very early iPod games, "Cubis" and "Zuma", but even those are, again, giving me the exact same problems. It seems I cannot purchase ANY game from the iTunes Store.
I have purchased several other games in the past however (8 to be exact), with no troubles.

This sucks...

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Whoever did the currency conversion there is way off.

Live rates at 2007.07.31 01:26:33 UTC
3.99 GBP = 8.10391 USD
United Kingdom Pounds United States Dollars
1 GBP = 2.03105 USD 1 USD = 0.492355 GBP

And that is why I won't buy it. I'd pay £2.50 for an EA game. That'd be max (and that includes console games :p )

lol thanks, hope u can understand my writing haha
Are you always excited?

does this mean that the UK store would make more money on the games?? because the UK dollar is worth more than the US? (i think)

We have dollars?

Jarcrew

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2007
Cardiff, Wales
Good to know EA are putting their resources into the winning product - the iPod, a product that is slowly gathering dust.

What was that? Wii? Mac? Nope, sorry, we're too busy developing for a two-year-old MP3 player. Nice going.

verniesgarden

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2007
Saint Louis, Mo
does this mean that the UK store would make more money on the games?? because the UK dollar is worth more than the US? (i think)

actually if you pay lss with US dollars than in UK pounds, doesnt it make the US dollar worth more? as you receive more goods/services per dollar

people knock our economy and say it sucks.. yet alot of stuff is cheaper and in turn cheaper to live here... so if that is not a good economy i sure as hell don't want one. last i knew it's expensive to live in most of europe

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
actually if you pay lss with US dollars than in UK pounds, doesnt it make the US dollar worth more? as you receive more goods/services per dollar

people knock our economy and say it sucks.. yet alot of stuff is cheaper and in turn cheaper to live here... so if that is not a good economy i sure as hell don't want one. last i knew it's expensive to live in most of europe

lol i dont have a clue wat the economy benefits r in ur country. but yea i spose a lot of it is cheaper in the US. our AUD is sitting at about $0.85 :D, u guys better look out soon u'll have influxes of aussies cauz we're worth more :p (just kidding)

Black Belt

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
California
I love Sims Pool. It's a great looking game and lots of fun to play, and addictive. The job they did on physics is very good. I also got the Sims Bowling which is also very fun. I've always found the way they execute bowling games to be a little annoying, having to click while the meter is going back and forth. But if they didn't do that, I'd get annoyed with perfect 300s all the time so I understand. The games coming out lately are great quality and for 5 bucks what the hell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.