Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

EA's Sims Pool appeared on Apple's iTunes tonight and is currently visible in the U.K. iTunes store.

Run the table -- on your iPod! Create and customize a Sim, select a game mode, and enter the pool hall for exciting action. Play 9-ball, 8-ball or fun trick-shot mode. Hit your Sim's goals by playing the right angles and sinking smoot hshots. With one-thumb ease, use the Click Wheel to set cue ball position, select cue angle, add spin, adjust power, and then shoot. The Sims Pool comes alive with vibrant graphics, realistic physics, multiple game modes, and immersive sound effects.

The $4.99 (£3.99) game is available at at this iTunes link, but does not presently appear in the U.S. iTunes store.

Electronic Arts had previously revealed that they were working on 4 new iPod games this year. So far they have released Sims Bowling and, now, Sims Pool.

Article Link

slughead

macrumors 68040
Apr 28, 2004
Whoever did the currency conversion there is way off.

Live rates at 2007.07.31 01:26:33 UTC
3.99 GBP = 8.10391 USD
United Kingdom Pounds United States Dollars
1 GBP = 2.03105 USD 1 USD = 0.492355 GBP

I think they just charge the brits more because of VAT and because they'll pay more :p

EssentialParado

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2005
I think they just charge the brits more because of VAT and because they'll pay more :p
No, my point is that £3.99 and $4.99 are not equal amounts. When a journalist puts a rough conversion in brackets they're supposed to convert the currency, not guess!

Should be written as, "the download on iTunes is priced at £3.99 ($8.10)…"

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
No, my point is that £3.99 and $4.99 are not equal amounts. When a journalist puts a rough conversion in brackets they're supposed to convert the currency, not guess!

It's not a guess. The U.S. iTunes store charges $4.99 and the U.K. store charges £3.99.

arn

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
Nice to meet you Frisco. I'm a nonpatriotic Brit.

Nice to meet you too. I just hope Apple pays equal attention to foreign markets as it does the US.

The American Market is Big, but the world market is huge. Let us all love Apple and say F*ck You to Microsoft.

Okay I am going to get banned from MR--I have been controversial lately. Just say "No" to the "Patriot Act."

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
I have no problem with your spelling and/or grammer. I appreciate TEH entuhsiasm!!!!111oneone :D
lol thanks, hope u can understand my writing haha

It's not a guess. The U.S. iTunes store charges $4.99 and the U.K. store charges £3.99.

arn

does this mean that the UK store would make more money on the games?? because the UK dollar is worth more than the US? (i think)

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
It's silly, but I've always liked these little "skill" games on computers. Always liked computer golf even though I hate the real thing. Think I'm going to have to give this a shot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.