Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thisisdallas

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
Cupertino, CA
This probably shouldn't even be posted. In the time it has been posted, people are already raging.

READ THE ARTICLE AND REALIZE THAT THERE IS A .00000001% CHANCE THAT THIS IS ACTUALLY IOS 7 FOR THE IPAD BUT RATHER IS JUST IOS 7 FOR IPHONE ON A LARGER SCREEN.

If this simulation proves anything, it's that iOS 7 is scalable to work on screen sizes larger than the current 4".

S

syd430

Looking forward to it! Should make things look pretty cool by introducing the changes on a larger format!

Cue 537285328790 whiney posts about the icons and how everyone is a better designer than Apple folks :p

I love it, this is almost definitely the iphone UI blown up on an iPad and you're still going on about how great it is. You're like... The perfect customer.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
For the control center I do wonder if they will just keep the current four-finger swipe up or give the iPad the same one finger from the bottom-edge gesture?

Then again since they have been split on the iPhone, the four finger gesture may only bring up the app switcher. (speaking of which, this is one screen which should definately be optimized for the larger display)

Last edited:

thaifood

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2011
I love it, this is almost definitely the iphone UI blown up on an iPad and you're still going on about how great it is. You're like... The perfect customer.

It is exactly that; a mock up based on what has been shown so far. I never insinuated this was the final design - simply a concept of how the OS changes could be applied to a larger format.

So everyone daring to voice an opinion different from glorifying the iOS7 design is a whiner and idiot?!

Thanks for demonstrating how true fanboyism does look like!

The amount of consistent rage seen here by people whenever Apple releases anything is pretty silly. My :p smily at the end of my post should have been a hint that what I was saying should be taken tongue-in-cheek.

I'd hardly call myself a fanboy. But, I guess you are so damn touchy about your freedom of speech and how much Apple has slighted you, I should never try to express my opinion either, right?

shineaway

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2013
That home screen is missing some of the icons. The latest look of the iPads home screen running ios 7 is found on the Apple website at the bottom of the Features page :
compatibilityfooter_ipad.jpg

MattInOz

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2006
Sydney
Guys, if you read the instructions they give to do it, they're just copying over the default settings from the iPad under iOS 6 and emulating it with the iPhone's iOS 7 resources.

In other words, this is not the iPad with iOS 7. It's the iPad with the iPhone interface stretched across the frame. This is why the flashlight toggle is there too.

That would suggest AutoLayout is working pretty well then.

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
Hmm where have I seen this before? Oh yeah.

:rolleyes:
It's not going to look like that. Wait for the release. Man, people are so confused.

There's a reason nothing has even been teased by Apple, guys. :p

Heck even iOS 7 for iPhone is still in flux.

----------

This probably shouldn't even be posted. In the time it has been posted, people are already raging.

READ THE ARTICLE AND REALIZE THAT THERE IS A .00000001% CHANCE THAT THIS IS ACTUALLY IOS 7 FOR THE IPAD BUT RATHER IS JUST IOS 7 FOR IPHONE ON A LARGER SCREEN.

If this simulation proves anything, it's that iOS 7 is scalable to work on screen sizes larger than the current 4".
Exactly... Some things should not be known, haha.

peterdevries

macrumors 68040
Feb 22, 2008
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hmm where have I seen this before? Oh yeah.

:rolleyes:

People really need to stop this ridiculous cr*p about who steals from who. Are we in a kindergarten?

All large corporations that compete with each other create similar solutions because consumer expect similar products for the same need.

Notice something similar in the evolution of cars? And how about washing powder or dishwasher tabs? Ever notice that each manufacturer comes up with a new formula that is quickly copied?

It is normal in business, and in stead of complaining about it we should be happy that these solutions become widely available so we as consumers can use it. We benefit from it.

It would also help a great deal in creating a more pleasant atmosphere here in the forums. These b*llsh*t discussions about copying don't serve any purpose whether it's Google copying from Apple or the other way around.

AppleMark

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
The CCTV Capital of the World
As much I really want the iOS 7 and the current look for iPhone. I am praying that this isn't the look for iPad. Seems that they don't even consider the amount of space they can use. And no example of landscape mode.

Apple will not design 2 different interface look's, in as much as iOS6 is virtually the same on iPad / iPhone.

So, you will probably be disappointed.

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
Ah, so iPad and iPhone don't run the same exact software? Or the iOS download developers got would work on whatever device they chose?

twotwo11

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2010
So everyone daring to voice an opinion different from glorifying the iOS7 design is a whiner and idiot?!

Thanks for demonstrating how true fanboyism does look like!

It's been said before but people are mistaking it for the ipad version. It's a scaled-up version for the iphone not ipad.

Cydonia

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2009
Isle of Man
Multitasking

They must be planning something different for the iPad. As it's already been stated they didn't show it running or say "it behaves exactly the same on iPad"

iOS7 does "proper" multitasking? Therefore iOS7 on iPad will do more things than the phone/pod version. Split screen apps?
Who knows. It does need to be designed for the iPad rather than just enlarging it as the current iOS does.
Oh & can we have the weather, stocks & calculator app back in the default apps

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
It's interesting how Apple tells developers to write new layouts specifically designed for the iPad, but then all Apple themselves provide is a blown-up iPhone UI.

I hope that the final iOS7 iPad UI treats the iPad as a first-tier client and gives it a thoroughly tablet experience.

Agree! I dont see why tablets cant get a tablet experience.

dragje

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
People really need to stop this ridiculous cr*p about who steals from who. Are we in a kindergarten?

Well, it is relevant when dealing with a company that's constantly suing other companies for copying designs while doing the very same thing themselves. I agree with you that it's a none discussion if an given device looks like the same 'square' as an Apple product but it's Apple who's suing companies for using the same "shape" for crying out loud. That's ruining innovation, yes I'm talking about those silly patent wars....

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
Skeuomorphic Scott where are YOU!!!

Am I the only one not liking the new design?

Don't get me wrong I like how Apple is making an effort to standardize the look across its apps but I am not liking this whole glass look.

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
Although it is just a stretched screen mockup of the iPhone version, the dark home screen 'theme' is not very attractive. The version of iOS 7 on iPad shown on the Apple web site looks much better although it's just the home screen only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.