Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boast

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2007
Phoenix, USA
I can use my Note 3 with one hand. It rests on my fingers and I swype text with my thumb.

But some people might prefer having a tight grip around their phone.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
4.7" screen on an iPhone would be perfect, so long as Apple minimizes the bezel.

Perfect answer. If Apple eliminates the bezel than a 4.7 " iPhone would be equal or just a drop bigger than the 5s
We've seen several cellphones with minimal bezels lately so it is doable.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Funny, i have average sized hands if anything and i could easily handle the Note 3 with one hand easily while driving...Even the Nokia 1520 i could the same, a little more difficult on that one but still easily manageable.

It's funny i see all these girls at work with Note 3's and Galaxy s4's with tiny hands and they are not complaining at all.. It seems some of the guys here must have the guys hands in the Burger King commercials...

Note 3 ... One handed ... While driving ... I'm really glad I don't live anywhere near you :rolleyes:

Any girl coul use a a Note 3, just like any guy .... keeping it with one hand and using it with the other hand.

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
Typical Samsung gimmick .... The reality is that a phablet just need two hand to be operated. Period.
If you can live with it, you are fine, otherwise you have to look for something else.

Investigation #101

Better look as to how he holds the phone to get around the screen. Look at the finger tips. The phone is at the very tips of it, and the palm is where I hold the phone, not near the finger tips for easy use. This is lame of Samsung. And if you look closer you see in the picture he has to hold the edge with his thumb so it won't slip off

First off let me say that I am a huge Apple supporter. I own an Apple TV, iMac, in a household of 3 people there are 3 iPads and 3 iPhones. I've had every release of the iPhone starting with the 3G. I'm one of those geeks that has the Apple sticker on their car. That said, I'm extremely envious of the large screened phones and you guys are just burying your heads in the sand by dismissing the fact that large screen phones work and that people want them. Just because Apple wasn't the first to come out with a large screen phone doesn't mean it's not a good idea.

Funny, i have average sized hands if anything and i could easily handle the Note 3 with one hand easily while driving...Even the Nokia 1520 i could the same, a little more difficult on that one but still easily manageable.

It's funny i see all these girls at work with Note 3's and Galaxy s4's with tiny hands and they are not complaining at all.. It seems some of the guys here must have the guys hands in the Burger King commercials...

Thanks! I was trying to make the same point. It's good to see I'm not the only sane person posting here, lol.

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
To paraphrase what Steve said, "You're holding it wrong."

Investigation #101

Better look as to how he holds the phone to get around the screen. Look at the finger tips. The phone is at the very tips of it, and the palm is where I hold the phone, not near the finger tips for easy use. This is lame of Samsung. And if you look closer you see in the picture he has to hold the edge with his thumb so it won't slip off

Yeah, if you've got a problem with how someone else is able to do one handed operation then I have a simple statement to make - You're holding it wrong.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/06/jobsemail.jpg

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
I would have to see them and hold them to know for sure. My mind wants to jump to the 5.5 version (since I would've loved my iPad mini to essentially be a phone). But Ive never really though about one hand vs two hand use. I think I would be able to manage the 4.7 screen with one hand. But there is only one way for me to find out! :D

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
First off let me say that I am a huge Apple supporter. I own an Apple TV, iMac, in a household of 3 people there are 3 iPads and 3 iPhones. I've had every release of the iPhone starting with the 3G. I'm one of those geeks that has the Apple sticker on their car. That said, I'm extremely envious of the large screened phones and you guys are just burying your heads in the sand by dismissing the fact that large screen phones work and that people want them. Just because Apple wasn't the first to come out with a large screen phone doesn't mean it's not a good idea.
I didn't say anything about screen size.
I just said that one hand usage is totally BS ....

If you can live with a two hands usage, you'll be fine with any phablet, otherwise forget about those gimmick. Simple like that.

I don't like the Note 3 at all, but not for it being a phablet (I'd rather change my mind about phablets). I don't like it because is made like any other Samsung phone, with cheap plastic (faux leather with faux stitches, what a tawdry solution ...), bad aesthetics and a bloated software above the operative system.

I'll take a look at the Apple's phablet solutions, when it will be launched, and I'll decide ... I like other solutions like Lumia 1520 very much (but I can't spend more money right now, since my Lumia 925 is almost new).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.