Since upgrade to Mojave, iMac constantly wakes from sleep

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by adnbek, Sep 28, 2018.

1. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

I already have "Wake for network" and "Power nap" disabled but my iMac is constantly now waking up from sleep. Approximately at 30mn intervals. Did not happen under High Sierra.

The logs say these two are the reason:

AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XHC1
    and
    AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC XHC1 (Alarm)

Any insight would be truly appreciated!

2. jsfpa macrumors regular

jsfpa

Probably not your issue but I had the same problem and it turned out to be the usb extension I had on my keyboard. My wake up issue also happened under High Sierra. I picked up the new wireless keyboard with 10 keypad. No problems ever since I installed it.

3. TokMok3 macrumors 6502a

My MacBook as oppose to your problem does not want to wake up from sleep.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 29, 2018 ---
    A wireless keyboard was causing my MacBook to not wake from sleep. I'm using another wireless keyboard all this day, it seems that fixed the problem. Crossing fingers.

4. adnbek thread starter macrumors 65816

adnbek

A reboot seemed to have resolved the issue. Hasn’t woken up from sleep at all since the reboot 2 days ago.

5. adnbek thread starter macrumors 65816

adnbek

Spoke too soon. Last night it woke up once an hour. Same as before it's a bunch of "Wake reason: RTC XHC1 (Alarm)" codes I see in terminal, one exactly every hour.

Power Nap and Wake for network are already both disabled.

I've filed a Bug report with Apple since this is new to me (did not do this with HS) but if anybody knows how to fix it I'd appreciate it!

6. Smoothie macrumors 6502a

My 2017 iMac just refused to wake from sleep. This is the first time this has happened since I bought it a year ago. I had to hold down the power button until it rebooted.

It's interesting to see that post about a wireless keyboard causing this. I use a Logitech K811 Bluetooth keyboard, which has been great. But just after my iMac rebooted I received a notification that Logitech had an update for the System Preference module for the keyboard. If the keyboard was the culprit, I hope the update fixes it.

7. adnbek thread starter macrumors 65816

adnbek

Seems to have been fixed with the .1 update yay! When I filed the bug report with Apple it was marked as a duplicate so Apple was aware.