Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lusitano

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2014
Siri contact suggestions based on location are gone in IOS 10? In iOS 9 when swiping left there were contacts to call based on my location, for exemple when i was at work, only the people i call there would show up... i can't activate or find this in iOS 10, only apps based on location.
apple removed the feature? it was super useful :(

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
Theres a favorites widget now instead. Not the same thing really but it can show up to 8 contacts at once.

Lusitano

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2014
Theres a favorites widget now instead. Not the same thing really but it can show up to 8 contacts at once.
Yes I know, i have that widget and it's useful for favorites, but when I reach work or university I have to manually search for a contact to call, it's so annoying..
[doublepost=1474317044][/doublepost]
That's out. Also, a week in and I didn't get a single Proactive thing.
I never got nothing, not even in iOS 9.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yes I know, i have that widget and it's useful for favorites, but when I reach work or university I have to manually search for a contact to call, it's so annoying..
[doublepost=1474317044][/doublepost]
I never got nothing, not even in iOS 9.
You might want to add some other favorites widgets (or ones like Launcher) if 8 favorites might not be enough. But at the moment it seems like location/time based (proactive) suggestions for various things, including contacts, might no longer be there.

Lusitano

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2014
You might want to add some other favorites widgets (or ones like Launcher) if 8 favorites might not be enough. But at the moment it seems like location/time based (proactive) suggestions for various things, including contacts, might no longer be there.
Yes it's sad that apple removed these things. Thanks for the suggestion, cheers!

Lusitano

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2014
Yeah I just came across it you can add your favourites as a widget
Yes, you can do that in iOS 10 and 11 also. But previously the widget was not for the favourites, it was a dynamic widget that changed the people on it, depending the location.

Irishappletech

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2017
Yes, you can do that in iOS 10 and 11 also. But previously the widget was not for the favourites, it was a dynamic widget that changed the people on it, depending the location.
Yes I remember it I heard they got rid of it due to privacy reasons maybe they found an exploit in it maybe

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.