Siri getting really personable!

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by prtcool1193, Aug 4, 2012.

1. prtcool1193 Suspended

prtcool1193

Has anyone else noticed that siri is improving GREATLY! Her responses have been getting more and more personable and definitely more unexpected! Here is what she said when I asked her about the closing ceremonies for the olympics! Another example is when I asked her about the weather, she told me a joke and then told me the weather. I didn't get a screenshot of that unfortunately.

Attached Files:

2. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

They con us into trusting them with personable acts like this just before they take over. Bewaaaaaareeee!!!!

Umm excuse me my tinfoil hat just fell off. :D

3. brylliant macrumors regular

brylliant

What did you say to get the joke and the weather?

4. BuckeyeMac macrumors 6502

Im hoping she keeps developing in that direction

5. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

6. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

Siri:Sorry Dave I cant turn off.
    Dave: What have I done?!?!?!?!

7. virginblue4, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012

virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

I asked the same question and she replied "May the best team win" and then gave me the answer :D

I got another crazy one! She said "I'm rooting for the Brobdingnagian Quidditch Team".

And also, "I hope your favourite team wins".

8. prtcool1193 thread starter Suspended

prtcool1193

All I said was what the temperature was outside haha. It was a very interesting response that I wasn't expecting! I haven't been able to get the same response again though. It was something about room temperature and Steven Hawking.

9. brylliant macrumors regular

brylliant

10. batting1000 macrumors 604

I asked the weather on iOS 5.1.1 and she said "Don't forget your raincoat.."

11. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

I got this

Attached Files:

12. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

That's the standard response when you use the words 'when' and 'Olympics'. If you use 'what' and 'Olympics' as in the picture you get these different responses :)

13. Soundflunky macrumors regular

This.

And it didn't even answer that one guy's question. I really wonder what Apple got when they bought Siri. They seem to be at such an early stage in AI development.

14. Neopax macrumors newbie

Wolfram alpha questions are not available in German language. I've read about Wolfram alpha is still learning German.

15. Shadyriley macrumors 6502

Siri backwards is Iris, iPhone = eye phone. Conspiracy. Lol.

16. throys macrumors 6502

Siri definitely getting smarter:) also just recently siri couldnt give me exact location weather details but if I say london it would now its given me direct location weather. which is really nice now. Only thing I would ask for apple to implement is voice command to start SIRI which only the user voice program to enable it with a recording to activate it for security purposes,

17. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Precisely!

If it (sorry Siri lovers it's not "she") was'nt such a pre-programmed gimmick, I wouldn't be so critical. Siri is nothing more than a marketing gimmick Apple pulled out of their hat when they failed to deliver iPhone 5.

Instead they coughed up Siri, to entertain the easily amused masses. This bought Apple time to decide what their next move would be.

Godlike to many, Apple is just another company. If not for the obsessive money worship this crowd is plagued with, Apples influence would collapse.

18. throys macrumors 6502

agree not to disagree, but If you look at the apple production starting from 3G - 3GS to 4-4S where the S they only enhance with more fixes with the OS and introduce small stuff which will serves up for the purpose for something big in the next iPhone.

I think SIRI will explode in the future with every adoption of new OS releases and you can alredy see it in the new iOS 6, with car manufactures integrating and already you have google making their own copies.

They still alot of work to be done with it but apple like to things slowly to get user reaction as to wether that product or service will be successful.

Just my 2 cents

19. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Respectfully, I'm not arguing with you. It's just that even though there are plenty of times I wish I didn't know Apple as well as I do, I have too many years of experience & too many friends within Apple, not too know some of the things that I'd rather not know :D

20. throys macrumors 6502

lol for me its all fun and jokes and I'm caught up with the apple ecoystem with money spent on apps etc to leave now. I just hope we see some new innovations soo, mind blowing from apple for people not to forget what they can do

21. Cougarcat macrumors 604

A "pre-programmed gimmick" is all that's possible at the moment. Would you rather have nothing? AI research moves very, very slowly compared to other technology. Come back in 20 years, we might have true AI then.

Of course, Apple didn't exactly help with expectations with its advertising....

22. Morrus macrumors member

Correct. It's clearly a "he".

23. Soundflunky macrumors regular

After using Google Now, Siri seems so immature and synthetic (it's a synthetic person obviously, I mean a synthetic search utility). Any voice solution Google offers is going to be able to tap into what they've been building since the nineties, while Apple is going to have to plug into a whole load of smaller services to get a fraction of the same info. They then cover up the shortcomings by adding "personality".

Thankfully for Apple, even though Google's an ad company they don't seem to want to tell people Now exists. Either that, or they're gunshy about doing it since many Android phones may not include it.

24. David Menzel macrumors member

Yes could be, but Google's results when using dictation or if I ask for something are not better than Apple's Siri. Maybe it is faster but not more accurate. Another thing is how Android is presenting search results. I personally don't like it. I like Apples way of designing things (even search results with Siri) a lot more than Google's way.

25. BuckeyeMac macrumors 6502

Let's not forget either that Google now doesn't have nearly the amount of functionality as Siri.

Can the androids ask their gps of they're at their location and get a response?

How about launching apps?

How about being truly hands free (jailbreak)

How about notes/reminders/geo location?