Siri hasn't worked for 3 days

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sdsvtdriver, Oct 25, 2011.

1. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

"Sorry, I'm having trouble connecting to the network". :mad:

What gives? I've tried turning phone off / on, siri off/on, turn off wifi, etc. Not gonna restore the phone. Apparently siri is working fine for others.

Irritating.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

You've done everything but restore, that may be the last thing to try.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Who's your carrier?

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

As others would say, "It's a Beta, says so on the webpage, don't expect it to work".

5. fins831 macrumors 6502a

I just had this issue, I tried every fix from resetting network to hard reset, turning siri on and off a gazillion times.

I finally backup my phone, music, photos, and did a restore, and worked better than before. I am also noticing my phone is actually slightly faster, which is odd, but siri is responding so quickly now, and no issues.

I literally did this about 1 hr ago...and i restored it from my backup file, siri still works no problem now, it has to be a glitch.

I was the same way not wanting to restore the phone, but its a glitch, cause i had other 4S's side by side and mine was the only one not working. Just a glitch, restore takes 15 min...itll work.

6. sdsvtdriver thread starter macrumors 65816

AT&T

Thanks for the info. The last time I did a restore things did not go so well. the iCloud backup is the only thing that saved my call logs, txts, etc. Not feeling another restore. Besides, restoring a phone to fix an application is like using a bomb to kill a fly!

EDIT: a ha. my phone had a kernel panic on the 21st. That's when it stopped working.

7. fins831 macrumors 6502a

whats a kernel panic, and how did you fix it, because i'd bet my life that mine did the same thing.

just curious if theres another way to fix it outside of a restore...thanks

8. sdsvtdriver, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011

sdsvtdriver thread starter macrumors 65816

kernel panic is like a BSOD on Windows. Phone reboots. I saw the logo the other night while it was sitting on the table and didn't think much of it. When I looked in the logs, it showed the panic.

I'm restoring my phone now. Not happy about that.

EDIT: restore fixed it. I hope this doesn't become a regular thing.

9. fins831 macrumors 6502a

Yeah the restore also fixed mine, hoping it doesn't become a regular thing as well. but I have good battery life with this phone so if a restore is necessary to not chance it with a new phone, im ok with that.

last thing i wanna do is get a new phone, lose the siri issue but have terrible battery life lol....plus this siri glitch will prob be fixed in an OTA or 5.01 update. (hoping)